Teddy Bridgewater faces an uphill climb, but the Minnesota Vikings quarterback sounds ready for the challenge.
Minnesota Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater releases statement 48 hours after a knee injury. Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman confirmed the complete tear of the ACL and dislocated knee on the Vikings' website on Tuesday evening, and NFL.com reported that the Louisville product will miss the entire season.
Bridgewater, the No. 32 overall draft pick in 2014, dropped back to pass during a drill, planted his foot and went down.
Zimmer called off practice after 25 minutes, and the rest of the team walked off the field while Bridgewater was being attended to.
"When a knee gets dislocated, the blood supply gets interrupted and, slowly but surely, there's risk of losing the leg", Tehrany said. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. He will undergo surgery in the next few days.
Bridgewater is expected to recover from reconstructive knee surgery in nine months, but if arterial or nerve damage is discovered, his return could be well over a year down the road. "Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab".
Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer told ESPN that his message to Bridgewater was to "hang in there" and that the team is "with him".
This injury is absolutely devastating for the Vikings, who have to decide between veteran backup Shaun Hill and perhaps a street free agent.
Going into his third season in the NFL, Bridgewater has shown steady improvement under center, which led to the Vikings finishing first in the NFC North with an 11-5 record last season.
"One thing that we will not do, and I promise you this, is put our organization in a situation where it's going to inhibit us or hurt us going into the future".
Bridgewater thanked the Vikings and his fans for their "thoughts and prayers", while pledging to support the team "mentally, physically and in spirit" throughout the 2016 season. Teams have to have their 53-man rosters set by 3:00 PM Central time on Saturday afternoon, and I'm not sure how many stories we'll hear about players getting cut before then.
- Asesinado en Ocotlán laboraba como profesor de la Sección 22
- Atlanta teacher deemed #TeacherBae praised, criticized for outfits worn in class
- Little girl goes crazy over cotton candy — VIRAL VIDEO
- Mariana Fabbiani le ganó a Google y Yahoo!
- German lanza campaña en YouTube para hallar a su mascota Mimi
- Wisin atraviesa un duro momento tras el nacimiento de su hija
- Teddy Bridgewater Ruled Out For 2016 NFL Season
- Asesinan a balazos a director general del Hospital de José Azueta — VERACRUZ
- Maluma: La heredera de Lamborghini le confiesa su amor
- Cantante Daddy Yankee fue hospitalizado de emergencia en Colombia