Residents who file the claim may receive between $10 and $20. The deadline to enter a claim is January 31, 2017, and the value of payouts will be updated to reflect the number of claims submitted.
Don't worry, you don't have to show receipts for milk or yogurt. According to a report by Scott Brown of the University of Missouri-Columbia, between 2004 and 2008, the herd retirement program increased the price per 100 pounds of milk by $0.59 per on average.
A few years ago, the nonprofit animal welfare group Compassion Over Killing claimed a price-fixing scheme was going on the dairy industry.
In California, for instance, more fresh milk products are produced than in any other state. There, you type in your name and confirm the fact that you bought milk in the included states within the past 13 years.
The National Milk Producers Federation allegedly conspired to kill cows through Cooperatives Working Together to improve milk prices. It also more than doubled the price of raw milk from 2007 to 2010 and increased milk price revenues by almost $10 billion.
According to the settlement: "Defendants deny any wrongdoing or liability for the claims alleged", and no remaining money will be returned to them.
"We're pleased that this settlement will return some of what consumers lost due to this massive fraud perpetrated for ill-gotten gains", Berman said. Compassion Over Killing investigators believes hundreds of thousands of cows were slaughtered to decrease the milk supply and run up dairy product prices at grocery stores. You don't have to submit proof of purchase, but you are under penalty of perjury, of course.
- Luke Shaw's agent unhappy with OT exit rumours
- Burning Stock on the move: Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ:MNST)
- Carney to be sworn in as governor
- Brokers Issue New Targets On Plains Group Holdings, L.P. (NYSE:PAGP)
- An Insane Amount of Americans Have Netflix Subscriptions
- Defending Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic stunned by Uzbekistan's Denis Istomin
- Steven Gerrard insists Liverpool need Daniel Sturridge
- Xi portrays China as global leader as Trump era looms
- Donald Trump Says He's Not a Fan of Tom Ford
- Local CD pick: U2's 'Joshua Tree' celebrates 30 years