And many claim it's because Trump criticized Georgia congressman and civil rights icon John Lewis.
Donald Trump kicked of Martin Luther King Jr. Similarly, Trump's claim that Lewis is "all talk" struck some as disingenuous at best, considering that Lewis literally had his skull bashed by a police officer during the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama in 1965. I sincerely hope that upon his ascension as our President, that President Trump will choose to build bridges, set aside differences and embrace John Lewis.
Trump became upset after Congressman John Lewis shared his thoughts during an interview with NBC, Lewis said, "Donald Trump has proven that his administration will normalize the most extreme fringes of the Republican Party".
The district has an 8.2 percent unemployment rate and the median household income is about $48,000, according to the Census Bureau. He has represented Georgia's 5th District since 1987, which includes much of Atlanta and its surrounding areas.
Meanwhile, Stephen Colbert had a lot to say about Trump picking a fight with Lewis on the eve of MLK Day.
'I wouldn't put it past him to do that.
"All the controversy and all the skepticism that continues form the campaign in a typically American way will vanish in that moment of power transferring from partisan to partisan", Presidential Inauguration Committee Chairman Tom Barrack said.
"I believe in forgiveness", he said. It will be hard.
In his Meet the Press interview, Lewis underlined the importance of his concerns about Trump by saying, "It will be the first (inauguration) that I miss since I've been in Congress. It's going to be very hard".
"I served with John Lewis and I disagree with him on many issues", Pence told Fox News.
Lewis' strong anti-Trump stance was hampered by his ravings about the Russian government, buying into wholeheartedly the idea that Trump won the election because of the interference of a foreign government rather than the incompetence of the Democratic party. But he also emphasized that "there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines".
- Proposal Accepted: RAI & BAT Reach Merger Agreement
- Bought milk since 2003? 15 states involved in milk lawsuit refund
- 2 de febrero, primer día sin carro del 2017 en Bogotá — Prepárese
- Girl, 18, attacked by man with machete in Apex
- Amir Khan Skype sex tape leaked on U.S. porn website
- Who Does Nick Pick On The Bachelor 2016: Reality Steve Spoilers
- Woman uses YouTube tutorials to build her family home
- Free NFL Playoffs Picks and Start Times: Steelers vs. Chiefs Parlay
- Where Was Barron Trump During Donald Trump's Pre-Inauguration Concert? Twitter Reacts
- Canelo Alvarez to Fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in May