He said they were disappointed, but also resilient.
With just three days to go until President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, movers were spotted Tuesday hauling boxes and furniture off of two big trucks and into the new D.C. digs of Barack, Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama.
As for how he, personally, will be doing after Trump takes the oath of office at noon on Friday, Obama said he wants to take time to process his White House experience - and also check in with Mrs. Obama, "to make sure that my wife, with whom I will be celebrating a 25th anniversary this year, is willing to re-up and put up with me for a little bit longer". "Who knows who we're going to have?" he said Wednesday. She said in one speech that his comments about women in a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape were "cruel" and "not something we can sweep under the rug".
"You get knocked down, you get up, you brush yourself off and you get back to work", he said. "And that tended to be their attitude".
At his farewell address in Chicago, the president explained why he was proud of his daughters.
He continued that he hopes his daughters will try to fix the country they love deeply yet see as flawed, and he said that's representative of the attitude many young people have today.
The remarks combined several themes Obama has been making lately, as his second term comes to a close. But on Wednesday, he sought to position himself as a defender of the free press.
Obama also took the opportunity to share a link to the Obama Foundation.
As for his own cool and unflappable demeanor post-election, Obama swore it's no act: "This is not just a matter of 'No-Drama Obama.' This is what I really believe". "At my core, I think we're going to be okay. We just have to fight for it, we have to work for it and not take it for granted".
- Bought milk since 2003? 15 states involved in milk lawsuit refund
- Where Was Barron Trump During Donald Trump's Pre-Inauguration Concert? Twitter Reacts
- Proposal Accepted: RAI & BAT Reach Merger Agreement
- Alec Baldwin Clowns Donald Trump's "Pee-Pee Party" Press Conference on SNL
- Microsoft Surface Phone: Will It Work?
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd.'s (NAK) closing price of $2.28
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Donald Trump: his wife Melania and daughter Ivanka hate each other
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Harvard photography course now available online for free