Ideally, he doesn't have to play too much, but our backup goalkeeping duties should be in safe hands for the next season.
"'I am very happy to join Chelsea, the champions of England. I am looking forward to meeting the guys and helping the club achieve more success in the coming season", Caballero stated.
Premier League newcomers Newcastle and Brighton both made offers to Caballero but once Chelsea showed interest there was no contest for his signature.
Chelsea confirmed the news on the club's official website this afternoon, releasing the following statement regarding their new no. 2's arrival.
The Argentine spent three seasons with the club, playing in 22 games.
GETTY Naby Keita has been linked to a £70m move to Liverpool
'We are very happy to have Willy on board. "He knows the Premier League and is tried and tested at the top of the game", he said.
With Caballero's signing, the Premier League winners also announced the signing of Exeter's 16-year-old highly-rated teenager Ethan Ampadu.
Caballero ended his time at City as Pep Guardiola's first choice.
Ampadu became Exeter's youngest debutant - beating Cliff Bastin's long-standing record -after being given his bow in last season's League Cup match against Brentford aged 15 years, 10 months and 26 days, and he went on to make 13 appearances for the first team.
"We have three experienced goalkeepers and we look forward to welcoming him to the club when the squad returns to preseason training".
- Homecoming a wonderful welcome back — Spider-Man
- Wimbledon draw: Andy Murray to face qualifier in first round at SW19
- Dani Ceballos "screwed up" by Real Madrid, Barcelona talk
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Se cayó una tarima en un acto de Unidad Ciudadana
- Cardinals top Nationals to win third straight
- Beating Germany would make Chile world's best, says Arturo Vidal — Confedrations Cup
- Piso parejo, pide Zavala a AN rumbo a 2018
- Cristiano Ronaldo misses Portugal match to be with new twins
- Moto GP: Marc Máquez en la lluvia alemana