The official signature will possibly be made on July 15 when Messi is back for pre-season training.
As some of the biggest names in soccer gathered in Argentina on Friday (June 30) to see Barcelona striker Lionel Messi wed his long-time girlfriend Antonela Roccuzzo, the couple came outside to the media for a big kiss. He has accomplished almost everything and maybe in some years will be the most decorated footballer of all time in club football.
Since the wedding, Messi has been enjoying his honeymoon with his family, but he's also reportedly managed to find time to sign a new deal with the Catalans.
Messi got married to Antonella Roccuzzo last week.
The Catalan giants had won six of the previous eight league titles up for grabs, with three of them coming during Guardiola's reign.
But last month, City's chief executive Ferran Soriano admitted his efforts to land the Argentine were futile.
"I think Barcelona needed a coach like Ernesto", Guardiola told L'Esportiu of the former Athletic Bilbao boss. About 250 guests, including teammates and former teammates of the Barcelona soccer star, are attending the highly anticipated ceremony.
"At least next year, maybe he can finish that career".
It's expected that the deal will come at a hefty cost to Barcelona, but that's far from surprising.
- Sources: Jens Lehmann set to return to Arsenal as first-team coach
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- ONU condena asesinato de Meztli Sarabia
- North Korea Claims to Have Tested ICBM
- Suspenden a maestra por agresión contra alumno en primaria de Texcoco
- Visitará John Kelly México
- Kendall y Kylie se disculpan por diseñar "ofensiva" línea de poleras "rockeras"
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Facebook te ayudará a encontrar redes Wi-Fi
- Rige aumento de combustibles: nafta 7% y el gasoil 5,9%