Any move for Morata could push Diego Costa closer to the Stamford Bridge exit, with Atletico Madrid favourites for his signature.
It has been said on more than one occasion that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte likes his squad to have plenty of strength in depth, with the Italian previously stating that he likes to have two top options competing for each position.
After the Blues' deal with Romelu Lukaku was hijacked by Manchester United, the west London outfit now re-begin the search for Diego Costa's replacement from square one.
Something has to give soon, and AS believe progress is expected 'this week'.
Conte will hope he has the upper hand having signed Morata for Juventus, but will be wary of Milan's current spending power.
There are three strikers that Chelsea may turn to now, as all would suit their system and they are attainable provided that the Blues put the money on the table.
Meanwhile, Tottenham are looking to hijack Leicester's pursuit of Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, says the Sun.
The 28-year-old, who moved to the Camp Nou for around £11 million last summer but started only one La Liga game, would most likely join initially on loan with a view to a permanent deal.
And reports this weekend indicate Mourinho, who Mendes represents too, is ready to take Rodriguez off Zidane's hands. "Thanks for the season we spent together".
Lukaku has stayed in the United States where he is training alongside Paul Pogba, and he is due to have a medical ahead of his Old Trafford switch. Chelsea also sold Nathan Ake to Bournemouth for £20 million.
Technical director Michael Emenalo was placed in charge of the transfer negotiations, and Conte appears to have been angered by the former's failure to sign one of his prime targets.
- OMS: Tres de cada 10 personas no tienen acceso a agua potable
- Ritondo justificó la represión en Pepsico
- Report: Chelsea finalising €31m deal for Real Madrid's Danilo
- Golden State Warriors: Kevin Durant roasted as ESPYS
- Sistema Penal Acusatorio genera incentivos negativos a favor de la delincuencia: Mancera
- Kim Kardashian aclara rumores de cocaína
- Pierde Profepa 12 venados cola blanca en Nuevo León
- Los Jaguares jugarán su último partido con tres tucumanos
- Ritondo defendió la represión: "La Policía actuó como tiene que actuar"
- Chelsea And AC Milan Target's Agent Provides Indication Over Client's Future