It took just four minutes for Arsene Wenger's team to open their account for the 2017/18 season and it came from an unlikely source.
Giroud, who has won three FA Cups in his time with the Gunners, made 40 appearances across all competitions last season, scoring 16 goals and supplying seven assists.
$89m man Alexandre Lacazette celebrates his maiden goal for new club Arsenal.
There was a spell a few years ago when we suffered from a distinct lack of pace and could not stretch teams, with Theo Walcott was injured and the Cazorla-Giroud-Podolski axis looking easy on the eye but not really causing opposition defences too much consternation.
A couple of minutes into the second half and we had a couple more opportunities to score, Nelson involved in both. The Gunners had wasted a staggering number of chances to double their lead after Per Mertesacker's early opener. Consistency is the key with me.
The finish was considerably better than the celebration, in which the German set off running, jumped in the air and landed on the spot. For the U23s, like a king.
We've always loved The Gunners and The Blues here at Triple M. Sound familiar, Arsenal fans?
Speaking to Arsenal's website last week, Wenger said: "He's a great team player and I expect him to have big season".
Petr Cech of Arsenal congratulates Andrew Redmayne of Sydney FC. If he did succeed in North London, it would be particularly sweet given that he was released by rivals Chelsea at age 16. The arrival of Sead Kolasinac won't help his first-team chances, but if he could force his way into the senior setup this season it would complete a truly remarkable tale. Replays - on the stadium screen - showed the ball hit Ryall in the back, nowhere near his hands.
Nelson's fearlessness was matched only by his astonishing bursts of acceleration.
Do you something awesome to share with the world?
Download the Nigeria Today app from Play store.
- Frixon Chila se proclama subcampeón Mundial Sub 18 en salto triple
- Kit Harington se convierte en otros personajes de 'Game of Thrones'
- In pictures: Harry visits Westminster Abbey with King and Queen of Spain
- Bullrich: "Los grupos de izquierda son culpables de cerrar empresas"
- Trump quiere muro "transparente" para esquivar costales de droga
- El monólogo de Manning que no le gustó a Durant
- Un mujer con muerte cerebral dio a luz a gemelas
- Desaparecen los "Gracias, Presidente" tras socavón en Paso Exprés de Cuernavaca
- Jeisson Vargas vuelve a Universidad Católica
- Triaca: "Llama la atención la solidaridad cegetista" con trabajadores de Pepsico