The debut title at Wimbledon brought Garbinie the Wind more than 2.5 million euros in prize money and 2000 ranking points that will allow the Spaniard to start a new week on the status of the fourth racket of the tournament.
"But I'm definitely happy that there's more attention and more, I guess, good feelings towards tennis and being involved in this great sport".
Williams comes up one match shy of her eighth Grand Slam title for the second time this season, also having lost to her sister in Australia. She has an overall singles record of 87-15 at Wimbledon.
"Oh, c'mon!", she said when asked about her prospective dance partner, before adding: "Roger". "She played really well".
The gulf in experience between today's finalists is huge. Williams had initially started brightly to lead that particular service game 30-0, but was quickly taken to deuce.
Clare Balding presents highlights of the final, 8pm BBC2.
She came close to achieving that, but Muguruza would not allow it.
"I only play against the Williams sisters". Incredible display from the American. "Like I said before, I always look at the wall and see all the names and all the history".
By the end, Williams had hit into five double-faults and notched 24 unforced errors to Muguruza's 11. "I don't know. Finally a Spanish girl can play on grass".
The 37-year-old, who was the 10th seed, knocked out Britain's Johanna Konta on Thursday to reach the final at the All England Club in London. During the tournament and the matches, I was feeling better and better.
'I'm happy to go to the Centre Court and to play the best player.
Venezuela-born 23-year-old Muguruza sealed her second grand slam victory after a successful Hawkeye challenge of a Williams forehand that sailed just beyond the baseline.
Williams created the first break-point opportunity with a sharp-angled crosscourt forehand pass in the sixth game.
"I miss Serena. I tried my best to do the things you do - but I think there will be other opportunities".
Muguruza had "had shown little sign of Major-winning form" over the past year, says Mike Dickson of the Mail on Sunday.
- Peña Nieto participa en la Carrera Molino del Rey
- "Fernanda" sube a categoría 4
- Federer y Cilic jugarán la final de Wimbledon
- Cae presunto asesino de hermana del comentarista de ESPN Odin Ciani
- Vettel left dizzy after testing the 'shield' at Silverstone — British Grand Prix
- 14 muertos en accidente de bus en vía Alóag-Santo Domingo
- Sebastian Vettel cuts short test of shield safety device because of dizziness
- Gnabry jugará a préstamo en Hoffenheim la próxima temporada
- Expresidentes que observarán la consulta popular fueron recibidos en Maiquetía
- Peritaje en Socavón paraliza trásito en Paso Exprés