Oculus hardware might get even more accessible in the future, too, considering reports of a new, self-contained Oculus VR headset.
In a Bloomberg report, people familiar with the project revealed that Facebook is thinking about releasing a VR product that could cost around $200.
If you want the best virtual reality experience today, then an Oculus Rift should be at the top of your shopping list. In contrast, Facebook's existing headset, the Oculus Rift, costs $400 and requires an expensive desktop computer. It also means compromises will have to be made.
The set is due to launch in 2018, with content makers being briefed on it later this year.
Sony announced in February that it had sold 925,000 units of its PlayStation VR headset, making it the early leader in VR. Tech insiders have shared the news that the company is preparing a new version of their VR headset that is allegedly going to wireless.
For now, Samsung's Gear VR headset remains the most popular virtual reality device. The device reportedly bears the code-name "Pacific". It will also be powered by a Snapdragon processor, making it much more powerful than something like the Gear VR.
Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi is rumoured to be the lead manufacturer.
The headset - codenamed "Pacific" - will have a similar design to the company's leading product, the Rift. That includes an Xbox One controller and wireless adapter for the PC.
Right now the Oculus Rift and Touch can be snapped up for a very reasonable $399 but that's only for the summer sale promotion. Oculus is also rewriting the download store, so that it is natively accessible from the device.
- Teaser y fecha de estreno de la 3ª temporada de 'Narcos'
- Honda recall: 1.2 million Accords face fire risk from faulty batter sensors
- Hombre quedó encerrado en un cajeo automático en Texas
- Mexico en-route to quarterfinals despite poor performance against Jamaica
- Acude Rodrigo Medina a cita en Fiscalía Anticorrupción
- Exfiscal anticorrupción aceptó cargos
- Presidente Maduro se reúne con empresarios estadounidenses
- Las Leonas sumaron su 2° triunfo en la World League
- Matan apolicía al evitar un asalto
- Rumana Halep completa los cuartos de final de Wimbledon