Actress Hilary Swank was in the stands. "It is not a factor".
"She had ups and downs but she never quit".
Venus' forehand used to break down quite often, but now it's a magnificent stroke. "It's going to be, like, a historic final again".
"Well, I think I'm here because I've done a hard work before".
It was the first of a series of vital escapes for Muguruza, who was matching Venus blow for blow in a series of bruising baseline rallies. And as one of only two former champions in the draw, expectations were high. What she did was just unbelievable.
Konta just didn't know how to handle that.
In a hectic men's bracket, Roger Federer was the only one of the Big Four to make it out alive. Despite the fact that the bookmakers are giving a slight edge to her, Muguruza is saying that the older of the Williams sisters is favorite in this encounter.
Venus Williams vs Garbine Muguruza is scheduled for a 2pm BST, 3pm CET, 6.30pm IST, 9am ET, 11pm AEDT start. Another (Petra Kvitova) is coming back from a stabbing suffered in a home invasion. I don't know when that happened.
But this was a step too far. Venus was so calm and so cool.
Tomas Berdych has great technique but he has always come up short when he gets to the business end of a Grand Slam.
By the third set, the writing was on the wall and Federer clinched victory after two hours and 18 minutes. "It's pretty backward - lots of greens, lots of vegetables - either fish or different types of nuts and seeds". He does have Planet-Z (2008 FC76) and Planet-X (2007 RH283) in exaltation, a decent arrangement indeed. "She needs to think about the next point and nothing else".
To do that, she must emulate Martinez and stop another Williams name being etched onto the trophy.
"I feel very focused still".
Even at 37 and with five Wimbledon titles, Venus Williams still has that overwhelming desire to win. All of that will contribute to the final's outcome, but probably not as much as their playing styles. "So I'm in for a tough one".
- The nine-year gap since her last Wimbledon title would also equal the longest winless gap between two Wimbledon victories (Evonne Goolagong Cawley, 1971 and 1980).
"I think he's just proving his greatness in our sport", he said.
An emotional Williams said: "I had a lot of issues".
The best players are able to combine touch with power.
Began playing tennis aged three.
Garbine Muguruza has denied Venus Williams a fairytale sixth Wimbledon women's singles title.
AFTER 11 days of thrilling competition at Wimbledon, we have reached finals' weekend.
"I had the hardest match today against Venus, she's such an incredible player", Garbine said.
- Intel says AMD's new Epyc CPU dies are 'glued together'
- Por socavón, destituyen a delegado de la SCT en Morelos
- Astrónomos indios descubren nueva supergalaxia
- Cape schoolboy Poole wins gold at U18 world champs!
- Destituyen a delegado de la SCT Morelos por socavón
- Federer vs. Cilic: la gran final de Wimbledon
- Abusó de una discapacitada y le dieron una golpiza
- Ivanka Trump sorprende al sustituir a su padre en reuniones del G20
- Wimbledon: Garbine Muguruza breezes into final
- Venus Williams, 37, seeks 6th Wimbledon title vs Muguruza