"The battle is with Manchester City and they are persuasive and Mbappe is now thinking long and hard between London, Madrid, Paris and now Manchester".
The 27-year-old offers from several other clubs but wanted to join City so he could be closer to his family, who still live in his hometown of Sheffield.
This season the Citizens will be expected to win at least one trophy.
Manchester City are close to finalising a deal for Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy, Sky sources understand.
In announcing the signing, Walker's representatives Base Soccer said their client had commanded "a record fee for a defender and record fee for an English player".
"Spurs will now want £50m for the England international, though the Saints are thought to be more likely to do business if a £30m offer is given for Bertrand, handing Guardiola a boost in a mixed summer of dealings".
What Trippier lacked in pace and experience he more than made up for in focus and his distribution.
After establishing himself as Tottenham's first-choice right-back, Walker was crowned PFA Young Player of the Year in 2012.
That, it seems, could change.
"Thursday's edition of Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Bonucci's agent has once again been putting the feelers out, and has been in contact with both Chelsea and Manchester City". Virgil van Dijk is the link that will not go away all summer.
The website also carry another story on City - and another defender they believe to be a target.
- Revista exclusiva - Kit Harington se viste de Cersei Lannister
- Frixon Chila se proclama subcampeón Mundial Sub 18 en salto triple
- Triaca: "Llama la atención la solidaridad cegetista" con trabajadores de Pepsico
- NBA notebook: Knicks on verge of hiring Perry as GM
- El monólogo de Manning que no le gustó a Durant
- Depresión tropical 6-E provocará lluvias muy fuertes en Michoacán: SMN
- Desaparecen los "Gracias, Presidente" tras socavón en Paso Exprés de Cuernavaca
- Morena tiene amplias posibilidades para 2018: González
- Trump quiere muro "transparente" para esquivar costales de droga
- Bullrich: "Los grupos de izquierda son culpables de cerrar empresas"