Given that track record of success - a lack thereof - Phil Jackson's departure as team president last month seemingly would've represented a chance to find new leadership for the franchise - a chance to jump-start a team that desperately needs new energy and direction.
"I let the front office deal with that", Harden said.
At least the Mills-Perry tandem will not have to worry about being sabotaged by an old Zen Master.
New York Knicks acting president Steve Mills was also reported to persuade Anthony to expand his choices beyond the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers, in order to get a better deal for the Knicks.
So, in a way, perhaps this is the beginning of a new era for the Knicks, no matter how much Dolan and the rest of Madison Square Garden aren't interested in changing anything else.
In that first run, Mills leaned on Allan Houston, then an assistant general manager still learning the ropes.
"That's out of my hands, I go out there and put the basketball in the hoop and handle my business."Bledsoe played with current Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek when he was the coach of the Suns. He offered Tim Hardaway, Jr. - a player he and Jackson initially clashed over before Jackson traded him to Atlanta two years ago - a four-year, $71 million contract the Hawks never considered matching, and one that left the Knicks with no cap space to pursue a veteran point guard after they used their remaining salary cap exception to sign second-year guard Ron Baker.
With the move to hire Perry, Mills is unofficially now the team president. However, it does make the Suns an intriguing fourth party to execute a trade with the Rockets.
The trade may not be likely, but it is not impossible. "Our message to our fans is clear: we will be disciplined in sticking to this strategy, hold our players and staff accountable to the high standards that we have set for ourselves, and deliver results". Is the trade going to happen? It'll take a lot more than bringing in one man - and replacing no one else - to have one of those.
- Bullrich: "Los grupos de izquierda son culpables de cerrar empresas"
- Revista exclusiva - Kit Harington se viste de Cersei Lannister
- Trump quiere muro "transparente" para esquivar costales de droga
- Morena tiene amplias posibilidades para 2018: González
- Frixon Chila se proclama subcampeón Mundial Sub 18 en salto triple
- Cofepris alerta sobre riesgos por uso de la crema 'La milagrosa'
- 3 deadly attributes Alexandre Lacazette brings to the attack — Arsenal
- Depresión tropical 6-E provocará lluvias muy fuertes en Michoacán: SMN
- In pictures: Harry visits Westminster Abbey with King and Queen of Spain
- Triaca: "Llama la atención la solidaridad cegetista" con trabajadores de Pepsico