Former President Jimmy Carter became dehydrated and was admitted to a hospital in Winnipeg, Canada, on Thursday.
His foundation said Mr. Carter was able to attend the 8 a.m. devotional session with the building team on Friday.
Before leaving the build site in an escorted ambulance Thursday, Carter passed on a message to the other workers and volunteers, telling them to "stay hydrated and to keep building".
He has been an active promoter of the organisation and led building trips around the world.
The ceremony is where the Carters plan to thank the volunteers and sponsors for their work and help and announce where the Carter Work Project will be held next year.
He had experienced dehydration and was taken to St. Boniface General Hospital for treatment as a precaution, according to a statement from the Carter Center, which is based in Atlanta. "We are proud supporters of Habitat for Humanity and grateful to everyone who is joining us in our efforts to bring affordable housing to families across the country", Carter said.
JUST IN: Former President Jimmy Carter discharged from the hospital after being treated for dehydration, Carter Center says.
Carter had been working for about 90 minutes Thursday morning when he went to sit down in a chair, the Winnipeg Free Press reported. This week's project building houses in several Canadian communities is the 34th time they have pitched in on Habitat projects, lending a hand and their name to promote the work.
- Clubes de México, Brasil y España tras los pasos de Marcelo Díaz
- Federer, Murray y Djokovic van por las semifinales de Wimbledon
- US Army soldier pictured kissing ISIS flag is arrested by FBI
- #Video Mujer tira obras en galería de arte por tomarse selfie
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- EU afirma que mató al nuevo líder del Estado Islámico
- Francia celebra el 'Día de la Bastilla' al ritmo de Daft Punk
- Nairo Quintana nunca se da por vencido
- Novak Djokovic se instaló en cuartos de final en Wimbledon
- Nueva apelación de gobierno de Trump para defender su decreto migratorio