The solider apparently helped purchase a drone for the Islamic State to use against American forces and said he wanted to use his rifle to "kill a bunch of people", according to an FBI affidavit.
Today, AP employs the latest technology to collect and distribute content - we have daily uploads covering the latest and breaking news in the world of politics, sport and entertainment.
"It would appear that Sgt. Kang, a decorated veteran of two deployments to the Middle East, may have some service-related mental health issues which the government was aware of, but neglected to treat", Birney Bervar told CNN in an email.
It is alleged that he agreed to provide undercover FBI agents, posing as terrorists, with military documents and training. He is believed to have been a lone actor.
"(Undercover investiagors) just pushed him and pushed him and pushed him", he added. Kang completed a course to become a tactical combat instructor to soldiers, according to an FBI complaint filed in court.
Now, a damning picture has been released to the public. Kang's service records show he was deployed to Afghanistan from July 2013 to April 2014 and served in Iraq from March 2010 to February 2011.
The younger Kang is an active-duty Army air traffic control operator assigned to the 25th Infantry Division at Wheeler Army Airfield in Hawaii. Because of those threats and remarks his security clearance was revoked in 2012, but reinstated the following year after he complied with requirements stemming from the investigation. "It looks to me that they've exploited his mental illness and has thrown gasoline on the fire of his mental illness to get him to commit a crime that they could arrest him for". Seventy-five of those individuals have pleaded or were found guilty and the vast majority are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. He says he never heard Kang express support for the enemy. Earlier this year, former Virginia National Guardsman Mohamed Jalloh was sentenced to 11 years in prison for plotting to help ISIS by possibly launching a Fort-Hood style attack. He also repeated his concern about numerous red flags in the case.
- Manchester City contrató al defensa más caro de la historia
- Alemania pide a UE ayuda en investigación de hechos violentos en G20
- #Video Mujer tira obras en galería de arte por tomarse selfie
- Nueva apelación de gobierno de Trump para defender su decreto migratorio
- Socavón se traga una casa y parte de otra en Florida
- Gustavo Fernández, semifinalista en Wimbledon
- Novak Djokovic se instaló en cuartos de final en Wimbledon
- El rebelde que juega como vive — Edwin Cardona
- Necaxa oficializa la llegada de Pablo Velázquez
- Clubes de México, Brasil y España tras los pasos de Marcelo Díaz