Ozuna's leadoff double in the second inning broke a string of eight consecutive perfect innings for Hill against the Marlins - a streak dating to his perfect seven-inning start on Sept. 10 of last season.
He hit a single in the first inning and a two-run home-run in the third and followed that up with a double in the fourth.
By their grading system, Green's past two seasons have been his best, and when looking at his numbers, that'd be hard to argue although he was limited by a hamstring injury to 10 games in 2016. He's joined the ranks of Jackie Robinson, Gil Hodges, Wes Parker and Orlando Hudson.
Ozuna made a spectacular catch in the sixth when he leaped, placed his right hand on the top of the padding above the fence in left field and robbed Enrique Hernandez of a home run.
Los Angeles took a 5-0 lead in the third when Bellinger hit his 26th homer and Yasmani Grandal added a three-run shot, his 12th.
Bellinger ended the first half hitting.261 despite a recent slump. If you bet $100 on the Cubs in every game this season, you'd be down $1,563, according to sports analytics site BetLabSports.com on SportsInsights. He's steadily moved beyond "NL Rookie of the Year front-runner" all the way to "serious NL MVP candidate". "But I think pitching will still win out in the end".
The Marlins broke through in the fifth when Ichiro Suzuki hit a grounder back up the middle that Hill tried to barehand but couldn't come up with, allowing A.J. Ellis to score.
The distance was impressive but not nearly as much as the approach.
So, if the playoffs were to begin today, the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays would be the Wild Card representatives in the AL.
LHP Rich Hill (5-4, 3.69) is scheduled to start the series finale Sunday for the Dodgers.
"It's really not a surprise", Roberts said. The results of the MRI aren't in yet, but an update on the veteran righty should be available later Friday.
Puig remained in the No. 8 in the order even though he's second on the Dodgers with 18 homers. Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager retrieved the ball but had no play as Ellis scored easily. "To say it's just a five-week thing". The Dodgers on Tuesday open a two-game series at the Chicago White Sox, sending LHP Clayton Kershaw (14-2, 2.19 ERA) to the mound.
- Red Sox done with Sandoval
- Mario Götze regresa a las canchas después de largo tiempo
- Jamaica y El Salvador avanzan en la Concacaf
- Lucas Biglia se suma al Milan de Italia
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- ¿Belinda se aleja de la música por romper con Criss Angel?
- Periodistas de Culiacán inician ayuno; demandan esclarecimiento del asesinato de Javier Valdez
- Partidos de Colo Colo y la UC se vuelven a suspender
- Macron pide la reanudación de las negociaciones entre Israel y Palestina
- INE garantiza decisión objetiva sobre fiscalización de pasadas elecciones