The huge boost in uninsured people is one reason GOP leaders face an uphill battle in winning over enough Republicans to push their legislation through the Senate. By 2020, half the country will be living in areas where no individual coverage options could be found. By 2026, two-thirds of the nation's population will be living in places that lacked individual coverage plans.
In the most contentious Congressional vote of Trump's presidency last month, House lawmakers voted 217 to 213 to pass the Obamacare repeal-and-replace bill.
"That doesn't give Congress much time to implement a replacement", says Cynthia Cox, an associate director for the program for the study of health reform and private insurance at the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Republicans, who control the Senate with a slim 52-seat majority, are unlikely to be able to round up that many votes for key provisions in the bill to repeal former President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act known as Obamacare. After the failure in the Senate of their disastrous plan to replace Obamacare, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell now promises to make his colleagues vote instead on just a repeal of the Affordable Care Act. The bill would was also estimated to reduce the federal deficit by roughly $420 billion over the same period, The Hill reports.
The CBO analysed and predicted that the cost of medical insurance would rise by 25% in the coming year and double by 2026.
77 percent say they want Republicans to work with Democrats for a bipartisan bill. "I don't think that's a good idea".
It would also defund Planned Parenthood for one year.
McConnell is focused first on getting the votes he needs to clear a critical, procedural hurdle to begin debating any health care legislation. And for now, despite all the confusion, the ACA stands.
- Hispana rompe vidrios de auto con sus hijos dentro
- Partido entre Lobos y Santos no será transmitido
- China sigue con su censura, bloquea WhatsApp
- Catherine Fulop habló sobre Dybala y su hija
- What we need to learn from Linkin Park frontman's death
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Angelici ¿a punto de perder su puesto en la AFA?
- Ortigoza, cerca de Olimpia
- El Último Caballero' y todos los estrenos de la cartelera — Transformers
- Rigo segundo en la clasificación general del Tour de Francia