The pre-season International Champions Cup friendly match proved to be a treat for the 65,000 spectators gathered at the Hard Rock Stadium at Miami Gardens for an event described by some as the biggest sporting event in the history of the city, which has hosted 10 Super Bowls.
However, the La Liga giants have been forced to alter their plans massively in recent weeks - firstly because PSG refused to negotiate the departure of Verratti and later after it emerged that the Ligue 1 side are set to trigger Neymar's €222m (£198.6m, $260.7m) release clause to lure him away from the Nou Camp. "I hope [he leaves]".
"I try to talk about what is happening right now", he told reporters. Star striker Lionel Messi, midfielder Ivan Rakitic and defender Gerard Pique scored for Barca while Spanish footballers Mateo Kovacic and Marco Asensio did so for Los Blancos in the Saturday night battle, reports Efe. "I think he is a great player and a key man for Barcelona, it's up to him to decide his future".
Meanwhile, Spain's football league chief Javier Tebas lashed out at the French club and said he will file a complaint with UEFA for financial fair play breaches against PSG over their pursuit of Neymar.
He continued: "'I hope [Neymar signing for PSG] happens, but I don't have anything to do with his decision", Alves continued. He's one of my best friends and I'll always want him by my side, but I can not interfere.
- El inesperado candidato de los hinchas del Barcelona para reemplazar a Neymar
- 'Hombre araña' evade seguridad y escala edificio de la CDMX
- Trump's transgender military ban sees lawyers line up to oppose
- Coomeva se retira de 223 municipios en el país
- Yanina reveló que le sería infiel a Latorre con Lanata
- Mourihno sorprende al hablar del fichaje de Neymar
- Muere en accidente carretero Tirso Toscano, exedil de Pinotepa
- Asesinan a 7 en Guanajuato en una noche
- CNE rechaza acusación de "manipulación" en la Constituyente — Venezuela
- Alerta de género no es la solución total a violencia feminicida: ISM