Estanguet told the Associated Press that talks have been scheduled with the International Olympic Committee and with esports representatives "to better understand what the process is and why it is such a success".
He also added, "We have to look at it because we can't say, 'It's not us". Estanguet believes that gaming needs to become part of the Olympics if it hopes to stay relevant going forward.
"The youth, yes they are interested in esport and this kind of thing". Tony Estanguet, co-president of Paris' bid, used the phrase "look at it" several times in discussing the possibility.
"There is some time to look at it, to interact, to engage", he continued. Well, that might happen sooner than later.
The City Council had already given unanimous support to the LA 2024 bid and is expected to back 2028 at a meeting on Friday.
The 2024 version of the MOU will still remain intact, however, in case the tripartite agreement is not accepted by the IOC in a member vote next month.
Earlier, it was reported that Los Angeles's proposal to include eSports in the event was to try to attract younger viewers.
Dreaming of Olympic glory?
Los Angeles first hosted the Summer Games in 1932, with rowing events held at the Marine Stadium in Long Beach and competitive yachting taking place in the Pacific Ocean near the Port of Los Angeles.
"I don't want to disappoint". "We feel this responsibility since the beginning when we launched this bid".
While initially popular as a spectator sport in Asia - more than 40,000 people attended the 2014 League of Legends World Championship finals in Seoul - competitive gaming now draws tens of millions of spectators to online platforms and real-world venues, including New York's Madison Square Garden, the Staples Center in Los Angeles and the MGM Grand Garden Arena on the Las Vegas Strip. Either way, we'll just have to wait and see.
"I am sure this edition of the games will build confidence between the IOC, the rings and the population, " Estanguet said. Sound off in the comments area, below.
- Neymar podría llevar al Barça ante la FIFA — PARAGUAY
- Yerry Mina se vuelve a lesionar a tres semanas de la Eliminatoria
- Federer y Nadal bajo los reflectores en el Masters de Canadá
- Hallan muerto a niño en camioneta de guardería — Florida
- Abaten a 2 en ataque a cuartel venezolano
- Facebook anuncia Watch, una plataforma para series y programas
- Higuaín cantó en Instagram y fue blanco de las bromas
- San Lorenzo busca la clasificación a cuartos
- Millonarios, "a puerta cerrada" por disturbios en el partido ante Junior
- "Desde el interior, no vamos a ceder un peso para mantener a la provincia de Buenos Aires" — Uñac