"Bones" called out former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar immediately following his victory over Cormier, which has captured fight fans' collective imagination ever since. When you get caught for doping -and he got caught for the same dope that Lesnar did - he's not a martial artist, none of them are. Having been stripped of his title and subjected to a suspension after a professional misdemeanor, Jones has fought just once since his first meeting with Cormier.
As we had reported in our exclusive, the Jones-Lesnar super fight will happen sometime in July next year, which will be after the current WWE Universal Champion completes his Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 34 dates. Jones is 23-1 in his MMA career and 17-1 in the UFC. Jones beat Ovince Saint Preux by unanimous decision in April 2016, but the fact that he beat a fighter perceived to have no 'big game' mentality in such a labored fashion is no cause for encouragement. That's basically all they are. Plus, let's not forget that Lesnar's success in the UFC was at a time when the heavyweight division was at a relative low point, and when the level of competition improved, he was defeated. That would be the main reasoning behind his standing (as of 11 July 2017) as a 15/8 outsider with bookies to vanquish Jones. Of course, when the money was right, Brock returned to the cage for the previously mentioned one-off to fight Mark Hunt.
"I think cheaters should not be in the UFC", he said (h/t MMA Mania for the transcription). He wants that, too, realizing he must dispatch of the only fighter in company history that's made him look remotely human. Brock Lesnar is super athletic. Those tests eventually led to a one-year suspension from combat sports. For anyone that disagrees with his negotiating tactics, you can't really blame Brock for trying to get as much money as possible. Silva argued it would impede upon his friendship with Jones, but it didn't take a genius to realize how slim "The Spider's" chances of winning that fight have been given their differing skill sets.
"I could see it being a leverage point to get paid the bigger bucks to stick around (with WWE) or come over to the UFC", Jones said "Either way, I think it would be great if he comes over to the UFC to get a gigantic payday, probably his biggest UFC payday". All that, and even more!
- Violan en grupo a una burra y se contagian de rabia — Marruecos
- Marruecos anuncia candidatura para albergar el Mundial 2026
- Presidente de Dimayor denunció ante Fiscalía presencia de apostadores en nuestro fútbol
- Caso Frei Montalva: Dictarán acusación en contra de seis procesados
- Mujer vendió en Chile la virginidad de su hija por USD 2.307
- Pensó que entrada a edificio era un estacionamiento y esto pasó — YouTube
- 58 años en 10 frases inmortales — Fotos | Gustavo Cerati
- Abaten a jovencita que intentaba robar un vehículo
- Let's face it, Illinois has a broken school funding system — Reeder
- Veracruz, en alerta roja por el huracán Franklin