Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard claims that Philippe Coutinho will have to go to 'war' in order to force a move to Barcelona.
Coutinho did not feature in the Reds' last pre-season friendly against Athletic Bilbao on Saturday due to a sore back and remains a doubt for the trip to Watford.
Goal understands Dembele wants to leave Dortmund, and the player himself has fuelled speculation regarding his future by deleting all references to German club from his social media profiles amid reports he has already agreed personal terms with Barcelona.
There were suggestions that Barcelona were preparing to announce the signing of Coutinho on Friday (11 August) but Liverpool's rejection of their second offer has made that unlikely.
"It comes down to Philippe Coutinho and his decision and what he's prepared to do, what type of war he's prepared to create to get out, because Liverpool won't make it easy for him", Gerrard, who is now Liverpool's academy coach, told BT Sport.
Should Barcelona fail to tempt Coutinho to Spain, they are expected to turn their attentions to highly-rated French star Ousmane Dembele of Borussia Dortmund.
Speaking during Real Madrid's UEFA Super Cup win over Manchester United, Gerrard said that Jurgen Klopp is "desperate" to keep the 25-year-old Coutinho, whom Barcelona want as a replacement for Neymar.
Liverpool have signed a five-year partnership with Western Union which sees the money transfer company become the club's first shirt sleeve sponsor.
"It's the team I've dreamed myself playing for since I was seven years old, so that's where I'd like to see myself in the future".
The Reds are into the UEFA Champions League this season, and have a good chance of making an impressive run in the tournament of Europe's best clubs.
He has handed in a transfer request at St Mary's Stadium in an attempt to leave the side he joined from Celtic in the summer of 2015.
"The freshness is coming back".
And, instead, the stumbling block is manager Jurgen Klopp. Chelsea may therefore be a more palatable alternative.
- Giroud salva a Arsenal en trepidante triunfo sobre Leicester
- Daniel Cormier apologises to referee John McCarthy after Jon Jones defeat
- Maradona acusa a Henrique Capriles de venderse y victimizarse
- Volcán Tupungatito registra 42 sismos durante una hora
- Fraudulenta ANC considera adelantar elecciones regionales para octubre — VENEZUELA
- Trump no descarta opción militar para Venezuela
- Hackers que robaron el guion de 'Game of Thrones' exigen dinero
- La FMF y Liga Mx emiten comunicado sobre Rafa Márquez
- La furia de Vidal con Brancatelli: "A mí no me corras"
- Se despenaliza venta de bebidas alcohólicas a menores de edad