Wenger believes that Chelsea and their manager have themselves to blame after loaning a lot of young players to other teams.
The last team to retain the Premier League was United in 2009 and Chelsea, which wasn't in European competition last season, now has the Champions League clogging up the schedule.
With just a few weeks left in the window, there are suggestions that Conte is displeased with the way the summer has so far turned out but the Italian has insisted that he is just focused on preparing the players he has at his disposal. "I think the club knows every well what my opinion is and the club is trying to do their best".
Since then, Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic has been sold to Manchester United and Spain striker Diego Costa has been told he has no future at the club following his text message feud with Conte.
Asked about the areas he needs strengthening, Conte said: "Again my focus is on the team, the training sessions and the games - this must be my focus".
"I was surprised to see him move to United and maybe there is more to this deal that we realise", said new BT Sport pundit Lampard. Equally, 12 months ago, none but the most positive of Chelsea supporters expected them to win the title after the arrivals of Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho in Manchester, never mind doing so with a record amount of wins and the second highest points total in Premier League history.
And despite losing the traditional curtain-raiser of the Community Shield on penalties against Arsenal, Conte's side are among the favourites to take the crown this year.
"During my time at Juve I didn't score more than 20 goals a year but I won every title except the Champions League". That will not happen this season unless there is sufficient quality and quantity for Conte to call upon.
'Honestly, if you have to give your evaluation on the card (on paper) it's right.
"I've understood those changes already and from now on, everything should be easier".
"But he needs time to understand, to adapt to our style of football, above all for a striker".
The loss of Keane in particular is huge―he and goalkeeper Tom Heaton were often the key protagonists in upsets last season.
Amid the Italian's reported frustration with Chelsea's performance in the transfer market, Wenger claimed he appreciates his counterpart's situation at Stamford Bridge, but does not feel sorry for him.
- Fraudulenta ANC considera adelantar elecciones regionales para octubre — VENEZUELA
- Someterán a la justicia a funcionarios que cobran en dólares
- Polémica entre Insulza y el PS por cambio de candidatura
- Maradona acusa a Henrique Capriles de venderse y victimizarse
- Precio del barril de crudo venezolano cierra en $46,51
- Trump no descarta opción militar para Venezuela
- Murió a los 113 años el hombre más viejo del mundo
- Barca officials jet off to negotiate Dembele & Coutinho deals
- Volcán Tupungatito registra 42 sismos durante una hora
- Cómo y dónde ver el Atlas vs América; horario y TV online