Coutinho is believed to be keen on a move to Barca but will not hand in a written transfer request as he wants any departure to be amicable.
"We are in a good shape - yes, there have been one or two little injuries and one bigger (Adam Lallana's thigh problem), but that is how life is".
You've got a £50m budget to pick 11 players, with all the biggest new signings ready and raring to go ahead of a mouthwatering new Premier League campaign. "But the power and the position is with Liverpool".
"Today, no player on the planet is untouchable", he said, no doubt referring to Neymar's world-record move to Paris. But a transfer is also a question of timing and if you have the opportunity and the need to react to such a transfer.
Kop legend Gerrard, who now coaches at the club academy, insists the former Inter Milan star will have to kick up a stink to get out of Merseyside.
Still, one wonders just how long the Merseysiders can stave off the advances of the cash-rich Catalans, while the Brazilian star himself must surely be even just a little bit tempted by a move to the Nou Camp? "We are not in that situation".
It was met with the same response.
Klopp insisted that Liverpool are determined to keep their best players, including Coutinho, whose contract runs until the summer of 2022.
In Germany, Borussia Dortmund manager Peter Bosz revealed that Ousmane Dembele missed a training session without permission yesterday, with reports suggesting that the 20-year-old forward could join Barcelona.
- "Si Neymar gana la Champions, no será caro" — Guardiola
- Mike Pence iniciará viaje por cuatro países de Latinoamérica
- Militares transexuales demandan a Trump
- Cárdenas pagó $57 millones de impuestos en el año gravable de 2016
- Auto cae desde séptimo piso y la conductora sobrevive
- El Registro Civil atenderá este fin de semana — PASO
- Femexfut y Liga MX respaldan y confían en Rafael Márquez
- Moto X4 official press images surface along with final specs
- Maduro entrega a la ANC proyecto de ley para blindar la Constitución
- Schwartzman perdió en cuartos en el Master 1000 de Montreal