Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp heaped praise on teenage full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold after his goal helped propel the Reds to within touching distance of the Champions League group stage with victory over Hoffenheim.
Mark Uth pulled one back with three minutes left, chesting the ball down and drilling a low shot into the corner of the net, and Hoffenheim should have equalised in stoppage time but Benjamin Huebner sent a free header over the bar.
"The result is OK".
"We're at home first, and we have to try to win both games", Gnabry told kicker magazine after making his competitive debut for Hoffenheim in the DFB Cup first-round win over Rot-Weiß Erfurt on Saturday.
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson intends to use his last European experience to shape his future ones as the Reds look to secure their return to the Champions League.
The second leg of the Champions League tie takes place at Anfield on Wednesday, August 23 and Nagelsmann feels his side will put up a strong fight when they travel to England.
Egypt global Mohamed Salah, who played the full 90 minutes, had a chance to score the opener for Liverpool but the ball was deflected to his right foot forcing him to make a poor shot. We were in meaningful spaces often enough, but it's clear he has to say it.
"I know this kid very well, he's going to be a top, top player and Nathaniel Clyne has to be very, very careful this season because he is already breathing down his neck".
Former Leicester City flop Andre Kramaric stepped up but his tame effort down the middle was easily saved by Simon Mignolet, much to the dismay of the home support.
On his free-kick, the teenager added: "I kind of got egged on to do it, to be honest".
They'll kick off in a few hours at Rhein-Neckar Arena, where they'll take on Hoffenheim.
Young Boys dominated the second half against CSKA yet the Swiss ended up losing after an nearly comical own goal. He had a quieter second half with Liverpool taking control of the game but had one more great save in the 81st minute to preserve the two goal advantage.
- Cristiano, Messi y Buffon, nominados al Jugador del Año de la UEFA
- China recordó que EEUU debe respetar principio de no injerencia en Venezuela
- El PSG de Neymar trollea al Barcelona
- Pareja golpea a conductor de autobús en España
- Hallan fosa clandestina con más de 100 restos óseos en Tijuana
- Corea del Norte aplaza ataque a Guam
- Los peajes porteños saldrán $50 en hora pico
- Jefe militar dice que EU está listo frente a Norcorea
- Motorola to launch smartphone with a screen that can repair itself
- Nokia 8 Is Now Official: Specifications, Price and Availability Details