Yet Conte's stance seems at odds with the club's.
"It's great, it's great". I didn't want to leave. "It's funny, [Costa's] interview".
Everton have been looking to add a new striker to their ranks this summer following the £75m departure of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.
"Our position is clear".
"That's how I like things". As a consequence, he has been ordered by Chelsea to return to London, get himself match fit and make himself available for selection.
The Spain international has refused to rejoin the Blues, though, and has publicly claimed that the club is forcing Atletico out of a move for him.
"I was given an extra week off during the preseason but since then I have been getting fines".
Pedro (ankle) is a major doubt, but fellow forward Eden Hazard is continuing his recovery from a broken ankle and is not available. But they wouldn't pay a fortune.
Costa has won two Premier League titles in three years at Chelsea, scoring a total of 59 goals in 120 appearances.
Costa yesterday pleaded with Chelsea to lower their asking price to allow him to return to Atletico. "I said if I'm not part of the manager's plans I would like to choose my destination". I think they should take into account everything that I've done'. It's not my fault that I'm not at the club.
"So he'll be checking his texts regularly to see if there's a change of heart by Conte - or a change of boss by Chelsea". It's already been one month.
- La polémica respuesta de Mirtha a Brancatelli sobre el kirchnerismo
- Barcelona debutará en Liga con camisetas especiales en honor a victimas
- El Estados Islámico se adjudica el ataque terrorista en Barcelona
- Fallece actriz española Nati Mistral a los 88 años
- Mauro Icardi anotó dos goles para la victoria del Inter ante Fiorentina
- Facebook cierra perfil de detenido tras atentado de Barcelona
- PL Sunday preview: Chelsea, Spurs clash in early London derby
- El Estado Islámico se adjudicó el ataque — Atentado en Barcelona
- La clavadista mexicana Dolores Hernández gana oro en Universiada Mundial de Taipei
- Cae colaborador de Duarte y ex funcionario de Sedesol