Instead, Canada's Lance Stroll of Williams Martini Racing, who finished fourth in the third and final round of qualifying, will start the race alongside Hamilton on the front row.
Ferrari Chairman Sergio Marchionne blames the team's disappointing showing at Monza on inadequate preparation for the home race.
"And, you know, I love Italy and I look forward to coming back here next year and to the rest of this season..." I love it here.
But after nine 15-minute delays were issued by the FIA following track inspections, the rain finally relented enough for Qualifying to be completed.
For the first time this year, Lewis Hamilton takes the top position in the 2017 Driver Standings. "It's a long journey still". "The car was pulling to one side and I didn't trust the car under braking anymore, so I just tried to control the gap".
"I can't believe it, 69! shouted Hamilton after you have accomplished the feat". Retirements included Palmer and Vandoorne, Alonso and Ericsson but there were no major dramas to speak of.
But Niki Lauda, the Mercedes team chairman, thinks Ferrari simply made a fundamental setup mistake at Monza. Saturdays, they are very strong. "Valtteri's got the opportunity - if he does the job - to win more races as well this year so the battle is still strong between us all".
Hamilton, who has now won four times at Monza, played down the importance of taking the championship lead. Is it three points?
It is believed that he last ran at Paul Ricard with McLaren in May 2008. But it's not the end of the season.
Mercedes' huge advantage over Ferrari is unlikely to hold up over the next two Grands Prix in Singapore and Malaysia where Ferrari's short-wheelbase and good downforce is expected to give both Vettel and Raikkonen the tools to challenge for victory.
"This morning, based on the Friday long runs, we thought they would be closer, considering their Spa performance".
- Una mujer se convierte en 'zombie' tras consumir poderosa droga — YouTube
- Torres gemelas, 16 años después
- UN council unanimously agrees on new measures — North Korea sanctions
- Policía de Brasil: Temer practicó delito de organización delictiva
- Apple unveils iPhone 8 - and more - today
- Hay 2.3 millones de damnificados en Oaxaca
- EU se dice listo para apoyar a México por sismo
- UNSC unanimously passes resolution imposing new sanctions against North Korea
- SFP presenta denuncia contra cinco servidores públicos
- Fernando Signorini: "Quiero que Argentina quede fuera del Mundial"