Qualcomm's list of Android-first innovations includes Fast/Quick Charging, dual cameras, facial recognition, augmented reality (AR), depth-sensing, bezel-less design, water-resistant touch screen, OLED display, 4K display, Gigabit LTE, Ultra HD playback, NFC with app support, Bluetooth 5, virtual 5.1 surround sound, and HDR capabilities in various entertainment apps, among others. The chipmaker only briefly noted that "inventions from Qualcomm lay the foundation for so many technologies and experiences we value in our smartphones today - on Android and other platforms". As before, they'll continue to pave the way for others to come. Qualcomm's latest press release shows a certain degree of pettiness, if not childishness of Qualcomm's leadership in feeling the need to post such a press release ahead of the new iPhones.
In the end, Techland is full of deserted and inferior firsts and so Qualcomm trying to play up their platform as the platform of firsts has quite an empty ring to it.
Technobuffalo also indicated that Apple does not really care about being slow to embrace new technology features, as long as it is able to get them right.
Though Qualcomm's post doesn't mention Apple by name, the company suggests it can take credit for some the features in the iPhone. These are patents that smartphone manufacturers are required to license in order to build their devices.
We're working on inventing the next set of world firsts and collaborating with partners across the industry to get them into your hands, on a band around your wrist, or with lenses for over your eyes. Android moves more quickly to the future, but those devices tend to be more like Windows PCs, with potential instabilities, slowing performance over time, and security issues. This phone however lost relevance after Google released its answer to Apple's ARKit for iOS 11, ARCore, which enables AR on all Android phones without needing the extra sensors.
Technically, Qualcomm isn't engaged in combat with iPhones, Apple Watches or iDevices of any sort.
"The vibrant Android ecosystem is built on Qualcomm inventions and our industry-enabling horizontal model", it said. But the telephoto (lens with bigger zoom) was new idea in the iPhone 7 Plus.
Chances are that tonight (India time) when Apple launches the iPhone X, it will again follow a lead set by many Android phones, and in particular Samsung galaxy phones, but it will probably do in a way that may make the iPhone X unique, despite it coming with technologies that we have already seen in other phones.
- Aviso 26: Irma se desplaza lentamente al oeste por la cayería norte
- Índice S&P 500 logra segundo cierre récord consecutivo
- VENEZUELA: Aeropuertos de Miami, Fort Lauderdale y Orlando reinician operaciones
- CNE comenzó auditorías del sistema de votación para regionales
- Irma pierde fuerza pero podría recuperarla
- Zinedine Zidane: 'Real Madrid could not sign a new number nine'
- Wednesday's football transfer rumours and gossip from UK newspapers — Paper Talk
- Irma se debilita a tormenta tropical y se dirige a Georgia
- Margarita no debe ser la candidata del Frente: Torres Piña
- Parlamento británico aprueba ley para derogar leyes europeas