"Last season was our first experience of the Champions League - previously we play Europa League, for 98, 99 per cent of the players, and for myself too", Pochettino said.
But who are the favourites to be top goalscorer in this year's competition?
Meanwhile, Rafael Varene is still struggling with a muscle injury, while the Brazilian left back Marcelo is available before he too starts a ban for the red card he received for kicking out at a rival in the last game. But this time around, they are expected to be the whipping boys in a group with Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham.
The hosts made history in June when they became the first side to defend their Champions League crown, two weeks after lifting the La Liga title.
Pretty much ever since he joined Real Madrid there's been talk of Cristiano Ronaldo leaving the Bernabeu with that chatter increasing with age.
The French coach, though, rubbished suggestions Madrid will lean too heavily on their main man in their quest for a record third Champions League trophy.
"Last season we have (Alvaro) Morata and Mariano (Diaz) and now we only have (Borja) Mayoral, so people could think that we are lacking a number '9' and that could be the case", said Zidane who added he "would have liked" for Morata to have stayed.
Harry Kane has urged his teammates to go into the Champions League without fear, as they are pitted against some of Europe's best. Mayoral will be in the squad tomorrow.
In fact, just like their campaign in the aforementioned season, Los Blancos should be too big a wall for the Cypriot side to surmount.
And now footage from a Spanish court, uploaded by YouTube channel Cracks, has shown how Ronaldo appeared to stop himself mid-sentence from saying that he would like to move back to England.
He replied: "I never had any problems in England".
Set to be unshackled on Wednesday, APOEL will be the first side to bear the brunt of the Portugese forward's potential onslaught. A Celtic own goal ensured a night to forget for the Scottish champion.
- Cleveland Indians up to No. 1 overall in ESPN power rankings
- UN passes new sanctions on North Korea
- Los Indios empatan marca de la Americana: 20 triunfos seguidos
- Índice S&P 500 logra segundo cierre récord consecutivo
- Segob reporta 30 mil 499 personas desaparecidas durante 2016
- Uruguay pide retirar un stand de las "Islas Falkland" de una exposición
- Wednesday's football transfer rumours and gossip from UK newspapers — Paper Talk
- Irma se debilita a tormenta tropical y se dirige a Georgia
- VENEZUELA: Aeropuertos de Miami, Fort Lauderdale y Orlando reinician operaciones
- Duro escenario evalúa CARBAP luego de la lluvia del fin de semana