Similar sentiments were echoed by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she tweeted: "While DACA and border security were both discussed, excluding the wall was certainly not agreed to".
House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer had said after a White House dinner with Trump on Wednesday night that they had agreed to quickly put in place protections for the young immigrants who registered under DACA, former president Barack Obama's program that protected them from deportation. He is not a devoted conservative. "... At this time, what is being considered is an opportunity for DACA recipients to be able to stay legally in the U.S". The president had been snookered, giving the dreamers "amnesty" and not getting his wall.
"People want to see that happen ...", Trump said, "young people brought here, no fault of their own, so we're working on a plan".
However in the last few days it has emerged that several senior congressional Democrats have been meeting with the President behind closed doors to negotiate a deal.
Still, the president's bipartisan push is raising questions among some people about his loyalty to the GOP, but the White House disputed that Wednesday after the meeting on taxes. "We will build a wall, (not a fence) along the Southern border of the United States of America to help stop illegal immigration and keep America safe".
Trump's push for a 15% rate as part of a massive tax overhaul appears to be an increasingly futile effort.
Ryan noted that Democrats who do not support border security are simply playing partisan politics.
The back and forth over a potential DACA-saving deal has led to confusion for Dreamers nationwide, and also here in Tucson.
Benitez says while she's unsure of the future for DACA, she hopes a proposed bi-partisan 'DREAM Act' comes to fruition.
The main backlash from his supporters started after Trump posted the following tweets, which displayed an empathetic attitude toward the very "Dreamers" he was in favor of deporting throughout his presidential campaign. "As long as any deal includes funding for the wall, then I'm fine with it".
Trump also said there was no deal but hinted there is room for one.
"What remains to be negotiated are the details of border security, with a mutual goal of finalizing all details as soon as possible".
"We're not looking at citizenship, we're not looking at amnesty". "At some point they cannot obstruct the wall, the wall to me is vital, if I don't get the wall then we will become the obstruction".
- Pareja argentina espera gemelos y mellizos a la vez — Sin precedentes
- Encuentro nacional de Cambiemos en Parque Norte
- Trump amenaza a Colombia por incremento en producción de cocaína
- Nuevo botón de Facebook oculta temporalmente publicaciones de personas y páginas
- Turquía apoyará cada paso de Irak tras el referéndum del Kurdistán
- Donald Trump se reunirá con presidentes latinoamericanos para dialogar sobre Venezuela
- ONU destruye 750 escondites de FARC
- Patronato derrota a domicilio a Tigre en el comienzo de la jornada
- Marcha y colectivos gratis por la Noche de los Lápices
- Evo Morales se solidariza con Santos por "Chantajes" de EEUU