The protesters on Friday demanded perpetrators of rights abuses be held accountable, as was recommended by former U.N. chief Kofi Annan's commission appointed last year by Myanmar's de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi to come up with long-term solutions for the violence-riven, ethnically and religiously divided Rakhine.
The violence has mounted international pressure on Myanmar's military leaders and civilian administration, led by Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi.
The UN Security Council was to hold an urgent meeting on Wednesday to discuss the crisis.
While its various agencies have also boosted humanitarian assistance in the region, the UN had appealed to the entire international community to keep the political differences aside and support the ongoing humanitarian efforts to help Rohingya refugees.
A U.N. panel of experts defined it as "rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove persons of given groups".
According to media reports, the violence began when Rohingya militants attacked police posts in Myanmar's northern Rakhine state.
Questioning the government's policy, he said that when the government can provide shelter to Buddhist refugees of Tibet then why it wants to repatriate Muslim refugees from Myanmar. "We have terrorist attacks and also there are many works on public safety and humanitarian works", spokesman Zaw Htay said in a statement. A false step will see her out of government and that would be the end of any dream of democracy. They speak their own dialect, for instance, and their religion puts them at odds with Buddhist-majority Myanmar. The BBC has collected testimony from villagers of newly planted landmines along the routes taken by fleeing Muslim civilians, which are killing and maiming hundreds.
"I call on the Myanmar authorities to suspend military action, end the violence, uphold the rule of law and recognize the right of return of all those who had to leave the country", the secretary general said in a press conference.
- Dembélé se lesiona en Getafe
- Sebastian Vettel storms to stunning pole position — Singapore Grand Prix
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Semifinales al rojo en Copa Davis
- Arsenal hero: Lacazette not in same class as Chelsea striker Morata
- Zidane resta importancia a la baja de Ronaldo
- Declararon cuatro gendarmes que participaron del operativo
- Lee se llama la tormenta tropical número 14
- Otra vez suplente: Bravo vio goleada de Manchester City desde la banca
- Dan detalles del Desfile Militar del Día de la Independencia 2017