Only after a June 2016 crash does the video return to its first successful land landing in December 2015 and its first successful drone ship landing in April 2016.
First stages being the most expensive part of the rocket, Elon worked on the strategy to save them from exploding while landing back. The SpaceX blooper video includes captions for each of the failed attempts. The reel is fittingly titled "How Not to Land an Orbital Rocket Booster". "It's just a scratch".
By landing the first stage, and using it over again, SpaceX figures to lower the cost of spaceflight. The ends with a smooth landing of the Falcon 9 and in a tweet Musk recalls the "long road to re-usability of Falcon 9 primary boost stage".
Every type of failure you can imagine (and plenty that you can't) is on display here.
Not an explosion but a'rapid unscheduled disassembly event'SpaceX
Musk signalled he would be releasing the footage on August 31.
Who knew a video without explosions could be even more satisfying than one with them? But since the hard work of the team resulted in success, Musk will surely be proud to share this journey (with a mix of humor) with fans.
In an Instagram post Thursday, the SpaceX chief executive described the "sordid history" of orbital rocket Falcon 9.
The company spent at least $1 billion developing the technology to land and refly its rockets and aims to recoup its investment in the next year or so, Musk had said.
- IPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus UK prices confirmed
- Gobierno de EE.UU. niega cambio de postura sobre acuerdo climático
- Apple's iPhone price tag has a sting in the tail for suckers
- Reos y cocodrilos en las calles, peligros que dejó Irma
- UN asks world to come together for Rohingyas
- El "spot de horror" sobre la eutanasia que nadie termina de ver
- Con un equipo alternativo, San Lorenzo le ganó a Arsenal
- Bangladesh Protests Myanmar Airspace Violations as Tensions Mount Over Rohingya
- Isco Alarcón: "Hubo algún contacto del Barcelona, pero nunca los escuché"
- Bolivia busca acompañar el diálogo en Venezuela