"Take shelter", the university tweeted. The campus is on lockdown.
The name of the officer has not been released.
"During this time, the suspect pulled a gun and mortally shot an officer", University Police Chief Kyle Bonath explained. Officers took Daniels into the police station for standard questioning.
This photo provided by Texas Tech University shows slain Texas Tech Police Department Officer Floyd East Jr., 48.
The shooting occurred around 8 p.m. on Monday near the Texas Tech University Police headquarters at 413 Flint Ave.in Lubbock, Texas, KCBD reported. There was no need for him to shoot the officer in the head. Upon entering the room, officers found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Two years ago, an online petition purportedly of Texas Tech faculty and staff opposing the state's campus carry law garnered almost 850 signatures. Daniels fled from the station where he was later caught by Police. "I want to express my deep appreciation to the Texas Tech Police Department, Lubbock Police Department, Lubbock Sherriff's Office, and other state and federal law enforcement officials for their response." .
The group said they plan to leave it wrapped in black for a few days. Classes will resume as scheduled tomorrow, Oct. 10.
The Governor, Greg Abbott, said in a statement that his condolences went out to the family of the slain officer: "First and foremost, our hearts go out to the family of the police officer killed at Texas Tech University".
This story will be updated with more details as soon as we know them.
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- PGJCDMX investiga feminicidio de una joven en Lindavista
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Brasil vs. Chile: Gabriel Jesús y la 'amenaza' a Claudio Bravo
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Activan pago de Bono Catastrófico por 2 mil 700 mdp para reconstrucción
- Deserta otro panista y culpa a Anaya
- S. Korean lawmaker says North Korea hacked war plans
- Sergio Massa propuso debatir en Mar del Plata
- Una tormenta magnética golpeará a la Tierra