We examine his tactical template. The 4-0 demolition of Arsenal seems a long time ago.
The powerful forward joined United from Everton during the close-season and has been an instant success - but there are still some who question whether he can be just as effective against better opponents.
"It suits Mourinho in terms of his mentality". Two shots on target with 65 per cent of possession.
"Liverpool doesn't have one yet". Not so at its temporary home of Wembley Stadium, however.
Liverpool's' recent form is worrisome.
No, the problem comes through the nature of these contests, and the one which oversaw Fellaini's injury serves as a perfect example: the mixture of a terrible pitch, the pointless nature of the game (Belgium qualified for the World Cup back in September), and an almost 3,000 mile round trip was a recipe for disaster.
"When Fergie first came to United, you lot were all shouting for him to get the sack and I was saying he deserved more time".
One year on and the difference - if there is one - is that United go into the game on a high. Manchester United are going to be tested but I think they can control these guys.
In his 20 games (all competitions) in charge that have kicked off either on or before 1.30pm, Klopp has overseen seven wins, draws and eight defeats, at a win ratio of just 35 percent.
He added: "I said, 'Jurgen Klopp, if he goes abroad, if he goes to England, his love would be Manchester United'".
It is a risk that Mourinho is unlikely to take.
The Premier league returns on Saturday lunchtime with one of the most eagerly awaited fixtures as Liverpool host Manchester United at Anfield.
Following Wayne Rooney's departure, only one member of the present squad has ever scored for the club at Anfield - Juan Mata - and this is a test of character like no other. He wanted everyone to know that the onus was on the home team's manager to open things up in search of the breakthrough. "I think United will come and set up quite defensively". They are atop the table alongside Manchester City (they are behind their crosstown rivals on goal differential).
It is likely to be that way again.
"We don't cry with injuries, we may cry with the process that leads to injures, but we don't cry". United are different. "This is the way we have to play big matches", Ander Herrera said last October.
- Trump ha 'encendido la mecha de la guerra' — Corea del Norte
- Se estrella avión durante desfile militar del Día de la Hispanidad — España
- LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone
- Avioneta se estrelló y dejó sin electricidad a una población — Tragedia
- Así luce la duquesa Kate Middleton su tercer embarazo
- ¡Hasta el presidente de Argentina llamó a Messi para felicitarle!
- Increparon a los autores de un libro sobre "Los Monos"
- Charlie Hebdo se burla de crisis en Cataluña
- The 17 teams confirmed for Russia 2018 — World Cup qualifiers
- El papa Francisco superó los 40 millones de seguidores