"He is now 28 and 11 years after making his debut with me at 17, these should be the best years of his life".
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane refused to sell the 28-year-old but he may change his mind as the season progresses. "No, [although] I don't know who the people are who choose these things and, to be honest, I don't take too much notice of these rankings of the best players, the best teams".
The former Spurs star ended up staying in the summer but the Mirror are citing a report from El Confidencial that claims Madrid are now ready to sell and will offer United the chance to snap him up. Whatever the outcome, Rose will be keen to get some time on the pitch with the World Cup approaching - has he burned his bridges at Spurs?
Bale has chiefly been used on the right of attack since joining Real from Tottenham Hotspur, and his fellow Welshman told Cadena SER on Tuesday that the predominantly left-sided winger's resulting habit of kicking the ball with the outside of his favoured foot could be a factor in his frequent muscle injuries. Ozil, currently said to be in receipt of £150k per week is going to look a little silly if he goes back to Wenger, cap in hand, for the £250k per week he's rumoured to have refused. "You can feel that".
The Sun reports on Wednesday that Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil finds himself in something of a no-man's land with no clubs prepared to meet his salary demands.
Swapping Bale for the Englishman would make perfect sense.
Bale is not expected to return to the Real Madrid first team until the start if November.
Therefore, Perez also aims to add Benzema and Modric to the equation. Bale has had his injury issues and has largely failed to justify the world-record transfer that brought him to Madrid. Whether he is worth the quoted price of £179m is a matter worth arguing about.
There are also concerns from the Spanish side that his love of golf - which he often plays when he has time off - contributes to Bale's back problems, it is reported.
- Reportan sismo en Pinotepa, Oaxaca
- Poder Judicial emite acuerdos de pleno casatorio sobre lavado de activos — PERÚ
- México cae en el Mundial Sub 17 y Honduras gana por goleada
- Tony Ferguson medical suspension clears way for Conor McGregor return
- Paulo Wanderley, nuevo presidente de Comité Olímpico de Brasil
- Uribe y Pastrana llamados a sustentar su denuncia contra campaña Santos 2014
- Aumentan a 44 los muertos en Puerto Rico
- Corea del Norte amenaza a EU con una "lluvia de fuego"
- Presidente de Ecuador anuncia primeras medidas para recuperar la economía nacional
- PRI alista sesión extraordinaria; analizará alianzas