The Paris offices of beIN Sports were searched on Thursday morning as part of the criminal probe against Valcke and Al-Khelaifi.
"It is suspected that Jerome Valcke accepted undue advantages from a businessman in the sports rights sector in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the FIFA World Cups in 2018, 2022, 2026 and 2030 and from Nasser Al-Khelaifi in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2030", Switzerland's Office of the Attorney General (OAG) said on Thursday.
Al-Khelaifi, chief executive officer of the Qatari beIN Media Group and chairman of Ligue 1 leaders PSG, is suspected of giving "undue advantages" to Jerome Valcke, the former secretary general of global football governing body FIFA, in connection to media rights for the 2026 and 2030 World Cups.
The club, which was bought by Qatar Sports Investments in 2011, is not implicated in the Swiss investigation.
"I refute the accusations against me or Nasser".
Valcke has denied the allegations and insists he never received anything from Al-Khelaifi during his time as FIFA general secretary under then-president Sepp Blatter.
Several people "linked to various titles to the company that owns the villa" have been questioned, police added.
The investigation into Al-Khelaifi was reportedly opened in March 2017 and is being conducted in partnership with French, Greek, Italian and Spanish authorities. "There was never any exchange between Nasser and I. Never". I have never received anything in exchange for anything.
The OAG said the investigation relates to "bribery of private individuals, fraud, criminal mismanagement and forgery of a document".
Valcke was found guilty by FIFA's former ethics judge Hans-Joachim Eckert of misconduct over the sale of World Cup tickets, abuse of travel expenses, attempting to sell television rights below their market value and destruction of evidence.
As a result, he was sacked by FIFA and banned from football for a period of 12 years in January 2016, which was reduced to 10 years in June.
- Cruz Azul y América se enfrentan en "clásico joven" interesante
- "Nadie podrá detener nuestro derecho a ejercer el voto pacíficamente" — Delcy Rodríguez
- Le dieron licencia para que cuide a su perro — Puro amor
- TSJ designado por el parlamento se instala en la OEA #13Oct — FOTOS
- Shakira, única colombiana nominada a los American Music Awards
- BancoEstado otorgó préstamo de mil millones de pesos a Alejandro Guillier
- OFICIAL: Bruce Arena dimite como seleccionador de los Estados Unidos
- EE. UU.: Cuba no detuvo ataques acústicos
- Descubren un gigante agujero en la Antártida que asombra a los científicos
- Renuncia presidente de Samsung