The new iPhone was released at the end of September, with shipments reaching customers right away, unlike its counterpart, the iPhone X. The first products to take the stage with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which are enhanced versions of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus that debuted last year.
However, the physical security feature is still available on the cheaper iPhone 8, which takes much of its design from its predecessor. Last week, brokerage firm Jefferies said that weak sales of the iPhone 8 were to blame for a decline of 900,000 postpaid upgrades at AT&T during the third quarter. According to KeyBanc Capital Markets broker John Vinh who cited carrier store surveys, iPhone 7 is outselling the iPhone 8 as upgraders are awaiting for the iPhone X.
But the tech giant's next iPhone could scrap Touch ID altogether, says Trusted Reviews, which reports that analysts believe Apple will favour the facial-scanning Face ID security system instead. Apple also added handwriting and markup functions in iOS 11, making the Apple Pencil more useful across a wider variety of apps. Usually, when the latest iPhone model is launched, it swamps older versions when it comes to sales. Carriers continue to offer promotions, but they have been much more modest, compared to the iPhone 7 launch last year. But it is no secret that the company has been working on a foldable OLED display prototype for years now.
This could allow the Cupertino-based battery-maker to increase the size of the ultra-thin processing chip and board inside iPhones, which could improve performance, or make room for new technologies.
All that said, iPhone 8 chatter will soon give way to speculation surrounding demand for the iPhone X. From the looks of it, it stands to reason that iPhone X demand will be exceedingly high, with the looming question being if Apple will be able to meet demand in time to keep interested buyers happy. Its rumored release is in 2018.
- Roger Federer targets ATP World Tour Finals in London after Shanghai win
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Marjorie De Sousa asegura que ella mantiene a Matías
- "Creo que el jueves próximo quedo preso" — Luis D'Elía
- Conor McGregor has elaborate baptism party for baby Conor Jr
- Femicidio de Micaela García: condenaron a prisión perpetua a Sebastián Wagner
- Mike Ashley has put Newcastle up for sale
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Aerolínea de bajo costo anunció ofertón de pasajes a mil pesos
- Italia se enfrentará a Suecia en eliminatorias para Mundial