The irony was lost on him.
Speaking in an interview on Future, an Arabic television channel owned by Hariri, he said Hariri was in Riyadh, adding there were "security threats to the prime minister and the kingdom is keen on his safety".
"With [Syrian President] Bashar al-Assad clearly having survived the challenge posed by Saudi-backed rebels, the Saudi leadership may hope to move its confrontation with Iran from Syria to Lebanon". "But I'm not sure this will be achieved".
The government was formed late last year in a political deal that ended years of deadlock, and last month it produced Lebanon's first budget since 2005.
A lot of chatter involved Israel. Sooner or later, it will want to test those in real-life scenarios, as the logic would have it.
Nasrallah said "legitimate questions" were being asked over whether Hariri had been detained in Saudi Arabia, where news emerged on Sunday that royals, ministers and investors had been arrested in an anti-corruption purge. With Gaza politically neutralised for now, following Hamas' handover of power to the Palestinian Authority, Israel could very well see this as an optimal time to strike.
The Houthis' missile launch increased tensions, and Saudi Arabia responded by intensifying its blockade of Yemen, raising fears an already dire humanitarian situation will get worse. Iran's military is larger and more battle-hardened than Saudi Arabia's, but the kingdom has far more advanced weaponry bought from the U.S. and Europe in the past decade. But it has succeeded in killing thousands of innocent people, displacing millions, and helping Tehran position itself as the defender of the oppressed in the Middle East.
Lebanon's internal security force said in a statement on the reports that it had no information about the matter and denied it was the source of the news.
"What's the difference between Hezbollah and ISIS?" he asked. Removing the head of the National Guard and a one-time contender to the throne is an obvious play to consolidate power by Bin Salman.
"Saudi Arabia is different than the terrorist state Iran".
Earlier I spoke to a contact who used to work for the billionaire prince. Hariri hoped he could represent the interests of the Sunni Muslim community and that his cabinet could restore governance and stability to Lebanon.
"Our nation will rise just as it did before, and the hands that will harm it will be cut", said the resigned prime minister. Hariri, in a televised speech, said there was a plot to kill him, and accused Hezbollah and its Iranian backers of sowing strife in the Arab world.
- Accidente fatal en la autopista Rosario-Buenos Aires
- En vivo: Irlanda del Norte vs Suiza, repechaje a Rusia 2018
- US Commerce Secretary says Trump-Xi talks will address trade imbalances
- Nicolás Castillo será operado del tobillo derecho en Portugal
- Horarios, canal de TV y dónde ver online — Junior-Medellín
- Expresidente Obama se presenta como jurado en Chicago, pero no fue elegido
- Francéscoli asumió que se expresó "mal" al hablar de Lux
- Selección Peruana Sub 15 goleó 4-1 a Bolivia en el Sudamericano
- Costa Rica es el quinto país de Latinoamérica con mejores trabajos
- Liverpool FC Won't Be Getting Naby Keita Early; RB Leipzig Holding Firm