He's been making a lot of goals for City and now he's doing it in the national team. "We made some mistakes in the first half but in the second we improved".
"The things we've planned did work".
Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli said he witnessed a good omen after his Argentina side "dominated" Russian Federation, despite the slim scoreline.
"We play many games in the season - the Champions League, the Copa del Rey, La Liga, plus everything about the national team and the trips".
The Manchester City forward scored on the rebound in the 86th minute to leave Argentina on a seven-game unbeaten streak despite a hard World Cup qualifying campaign.
The coach singled out Aguero for his performance.
Lionel Messi is a big doubt to be named in the squad to face Nigeria, but Man City star Sergio Aguero, PSG duo Angel Di María and Giovani Lo Celso, and Juventus ace Paulo Dybala are all available for selection.
Stanislav Cherchesov's side made it hard for Argentina, who handed debuts to Giovani Lo Celso and German Pezzella from the start, by pressing high in the opening stages, with Messi unable to get on the end of a bright exchange with Eduardo Salvio following a surge down the right.
Three minutes later, Aguero forced Akinfeev into a diving save to deny his attempt from just outside the box.
After Argentina had struggled to break down a resolute Russian side, Aguero saw a shot blocked and then headed in the rebound to give his country the win.
The five-time Ballon d'Or victor further rubbished the claims that some players in the squad are selected because they are his friend and said that accusations are absolutely disrespectful. "We need to continue to do the same", Sampaoli said through a translator.
- Colombia sumó dudas en derrota ante Corea del Sur
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Melania Trump, unlike Ivanka Trump, sticks to tradition in her Japan wardrobe
- River sacó pasaje directo a la final — Copa Argentina
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Thoughts on HEAT vs Pistons
- Sweden edge Italy in playoff first leg, Senegal book ticket to Russia
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Relatora de la ONU siente dolor por desaparecidos de Guerrero
- Piquín debe dejar el Bailando