Benzema has been at Madrid since 2009.
Benzema has scored nearly 200 goals across all competitions for Real Madrid.
Owen, though, has admitted that history could have been very different if Ferguson had had his way.
Real Madrid star Benzema has been in the global wilderness since police charged him in connection to an alleged blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena with a sex tape in 2015.
"It's different from how I played at Lyon". As long as Deschamps is the national team coach, I won't have a chance of coming back, that's what I think anyway.
"I had the impression that it made him laugh".
'It felt that he thought they were amusing and the truth is that if he was someone that I respected, then in that moment I lost my cool'.
Benzema arrived in the Spanish capital from French outfit Lyon for around 40 million Euro 8 years ago, and has since gone on to see off competition from the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Raul and Ruud Van Nistelrooy to establish himself as the club's undisputed first-choice centre-forward. I respect you, so you must respect me as a footballer.
Benzema said he had an hour-long discussion with Mourinho in which he told him: "I'm a football player, you're my manager, I respect you, respect me as a player".
Benzema missed Euro 2016 on home soil previous year as a result of his continued exile and he appears unlikely to earn a recall with les Bleus in time for the 2018 World Cup. It's been more than two and a half years, it doesn't take much to understand what is going on.
- Sessions expected to face questions about knowledge of Russia meetings
- Insólito: Un gato sospechoso de un "intento de asesinato"
- Jugador de la NFL pierde a su bebé horas antes de partido
- Intentó asaltar un banco y solo se robó suspiros
- Colapsa piso durante una fiesta en Texas — Aterrador
- El vídeo donde Demi Moore besa apasionadamente a un niño
- Venezuela denuncia reunión ilegal convocada por EE.UU. en ONU
- Daniel Bisogno llama 'tarada' a Mon Laferte
- Tesla Semi Truck Unveiling on Nov 16, Potential Freight Industry Disrupter?
- Peña Nieto condena "bullying" a cuerpos de seguridad porque lleva a inacción