The Spaniard is primarily a central midfielder, but has proved his ability in a more advanced attacking midfield role and on the right flank as well.
According to a piece in The Independent today, José Mourinho wants his club to go all out to sign the Valencia youth academy product once trading opens on 1 January.
According to the report, Soler would command a fee of around £40 million - a steep asking price for a player who only made his first-team debut 11 months ago.
The Spanish news outlet claims Mourinho believes Manchester United four new players at least but would be happy to have one at least in the January window.
United will reportedly not allow a huge spend this winter and have tightened the purse strings.
Mourinho has been tipped in some quarters to trade Manchester for Paris in the summer, with rumours suggesting there is an increasing rift between the 'Special One' and the club's board.
However, they still have financial problems with losses in the region of £65m so could find it difficult to turn down a good offer.
And Mata wants United to bounce back from that defeat and make sure they perform week in, week out ahead of their hectic festive fixture list.
- Lovullo y Molitor, managers del Año
- Tensión en Zimbabue: Disparan cerca de residencia del presidente Mugabe
- Captan asalto a automovilista en Miramontes
- Australia le dice 'sí' al matrimonio homosexual
- Organización identificó a 32 mil desaparecidos en México
- Se suicida en Argentina uno acusados de recibir coimas de la FIFA
- Estudiante rusa se levantó la falda en protesta contra el acoso sexual
- De la Hoya quiere enfrentar a McGregor en boxeo
- Noctis de Final Fantasy XV llegará a TEKKEN 7
- 'Forman parte de un proyecto único en educación', Nuño a estudiantes