Vaughn's legal action is the third lawsuit filed this year by black workers alleging racial slurs were used against them and that the company ignored their complaints. It took a while though - 11 years before the company delivered the first of its affordable Model 3s to customers. He complained to Tesla's human resources department and was fired in October for "not having a positive attitude".
There are other lawsuits filed against Tesla claiming the company failed to give proper notice when firing hundreds of employees, claims of anti-LGBTQ harassment, a complaint for a female engineer alleging harassment, and a complaint from the National Labor Relations Board defending employee claims that the company attempted to shut down a unionization effort. Tesla has been building a long list of bears since straying from its 2017 auto schedules, and Chanos has been short the stock for nearly two years. We don't want you here'.
"The law doesn't require you to have a thick skin", Organ said in an interview Monday.
When they complained to management about the alleged abuse, nothing was done, according to the lawsuit.
"The analyst found a misalignment in the Model 3's glass roof, body panel gaps, rubber trim issues around windows and misaligned seams in the interior ceiling of the car", CNBC reported, based on a note Sacconaghi sent to clients Nov. 10.
The lawsuit is the latest in a growing number of lawsuits accusing Tesla of discrimination. A crucial detail is that workers at the Fremont plant have not unionized, though Bloomberg says the United Auto Workers have an ongoing campaign to make that happen.
The factory houses three product lines: the Model S battery-sedan, the Model X battery-SUV, and the new Model 3.
"Although Tesla stands out as a groundbreaking company at the forefront of the electric car revolution, its standard operating procedure at the Tesla factory is pre-Civil Rights era race discrimination", the employee said in the complaint, filed yesterday.
Regardless, one of the reasons why Musk is such a fascinating, if not controversial, character is precisely because he's prone to making tantalizing statements that only serve to heighten our collective interest in the company's plans, no matter how far from reality those statements may seem at the surface.
The union and the worker denied that he had been paid by UAW.
It was more than the fear of missing out on the self-driving future that lit a fire under automakers.
- El Presidente propuso nuevos embajadores ante Francia e India
- Alemania y Francia empataron en un duelo de candidatos
- Mantienen decisión de que Rondón y Díaz Rúa sigan sueltos
- El Día del Soltero en China alcanza récord de ventas virtuales
- Vibrante empate a puro gol en San Petersburgo — Rusia-España
- Amenaza de muerte a su profesora para que le ponga calificación aprobatoria
- Que Tribunal anule elección en Coahuila, para creer en instituciones: Guillermo Anaya
- The EU is readying sanctions and an arms embargo against Venezuela
- Niega Camacho grito homofóbico de diputadas del PRI; dijeron "bruto"
- Todos los rubros del país deben ser sometidos a una reorganización — Maduro