When Raheem Sterling netted a stunning 95th-minute victor to secure a 2-1 victory for Manchester City against Southampton on Wednesday night, Pep Guardiola could be forgiven for his wild and theatrical celebrations from the dugout.
Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino was pleased with the reaction of his side in the second half as they rescued a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth on Sunday. Redmond issued a statement on Twitter in response to growing media speculation, confirming "nothing negative or offensive was said". I can not control myself. "I didn't know him last season, I realised how good he is".
The FA have asked Guardiola for his observations after he was pictured in what looked like an angry exchange with the player following Manchester City's dramatic late win against the Saints on Wednesday. Everyone wants to win the game, definitely. It's so complicated when teams defend with ten players. They believe that is the best way.
He added: "I've faced this kind of team a lot in my career and I have to think how to beat them".
'For me the goalkeeper is also important in attacking style, and my strikers are important in defensive style, all of us are responsible'.
Guardiola approached Redmond moments after Raheem Sterling had scored a 96th-minute victor for the league leaders at Etihad Stadium.
"I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end".
It followed an 84th minute victor at Huddersfield on Sunday and an 88th minute victor in the Champions League against Feyenoord.
"It's not my business", said Guardiola.
"I want to make it absolutely clear Pep Guardiola did not say what the Sun is falsely claiming in this story", Redmond said.
Guardiola admitted frustration that Southampton "didn't want to play" and "were time wasting from the ninth minute".
"We tried to help him, the individual performances, it's no secret".
- Apartan a un gendarme por burlarse del San Juan
- Umtiti se lesionó y se pierde el partido con el Madrid
- La Met suspende a James Levine investigado por abusos sexuales
- Guerra preventiva contra Corea del Norte se avecina, según senador estadounidense [FOTOS]
- Coyette renunció a la dirección técnica de Chacarita
- Cianuro, el veneno que usó el criminal de guerra para suicidarse
- Luli Salazar volvió a destruir a Redrado — No hay paz
- Dirigentes de las FARC se acogen a justicia de paz en Colombia
- Del pino pide al gobierno su derecho a la defensa
- Sorpresa: América elimina al Junior en Barranquilla