Shakhtar knew a draw would be enough to send it into the knockout stages, regardless of Napoli's result at Feyenoord, but it took the lead after 25 minutes, Bernard beating Danilo and bending a fine shot beyond Ederson after Marlos did superbly to create space.
However, according to Sky Italia the Catalan has sent an SMS message to Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri, promising him that City will give their 'maximum effort' to beat Shakhtar and make it six wins out of six in Group F.
"There will be better teams (who play City) than Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham, yet all came close. He's injured, but he'll play for sure".
Manchester City's third successive late victory "shows what we are", manager Pep Guardiola said after David Silva's 83rd-minute winner saw his side equal a Premier League-record 13th successive triumph.
Manchester City have been fabulous, breaking records in the league and their fitness has been incredible with how they keep the ball and pick teams off.
The Manchester derby at Old Trafford is looming on Sunday and most of his main men will have put their feet up last night. "We are preparing to win the game and trying to do as much as possible to make a good game".
"They (United) might, for the first time this season, have just seen a little ray of hope", said former United captain Gary Neville in his Sky Sports podcast.
Shakhtar have won their two home games in the Champions League so far this season, scoring also 2 goals in each of their last four outings on home soil.
Fonseca said: 'We are not going to follow the game in Rotterdam. No stories of Lacazette, David Silva. Benjamin Mendy is the club's only long-term absentee as he continues to recover from an anterior cruciate ligament injury. They have a big issue but in the end everybody is ready to play.
Unsurprisingly, ever since then, he's found first-team football hard to come by and has even been left out of matchday squads by Mauricio Pochettino.
"He felt uncomfortable after his goal [against West Ham]".
- Inician campesinos marchas al AICM, pero granaderos los frenan
- Al Jazira, a cuartos del Mundial de Clubes
- "Hice que McGregor llegara a la audiencia" — Mayweather
- El Salón de la Fama es el pago al sacrificio
- Premio del Senato Belisario Dominguez a Julia Carabias
- Sampaoli: "Messi es superior a Maradona y Pelé"
- Hinchas lo ovacionaron tras su golazo en la Copa Dinamarca — Edison Flores
- Ante qué síntomas es recomendable visitar al odontólogo — Cáncer bucal
- Google vuelve a retirar YouTube de los dispositivos Amazon
- Gary Neville: Manchester City Have Given Manchester United A Ray Of Hope