However, Republicans in the House will easily table the symbolic vote, according to the website.
"Now is not the time to consider articles of impeachment", the two Democratic leaders said, even as they reiterated their opposition to the many policies of the president.
Al Green said Tuesday that he will bring articles of impeachment against President Trump to a vote on Wednesday, the latest step in an impeachment effort that does not yet have broad Democratic support and is unlikely to succeed in the Republican-led House.
In October, Green filed articles of impeachment, but they did not get put to a vote.
"For too long, we have allowed our civility to prevent us from confronting the invidious incivility of President Donald J. Trump", he said.
"This President has made statements and taken actions that are beyond the pale for most Americans, embracing those who espouse hatred and division while promoting policies that would harm our economy and undermine our national security". Politically, the vote puts rank-and-file Democrats in a tough position - between a desire to allow the investigations to run their course, the possible discomfort of moderate voters, and the demands of the anti-Trump left wing. Although his speech is not criminal, it divides and damages the country, Green wrote in a letter to his colleagues, according to CNN. "It ought not to be done on a whim".
Last month, a group of six Democrats, including Green, unveiled articles of impeachment accusing Trump of obstructing justice when firing former FBI Director James Comey; violating the Constitution's emoluments clause; and undermining the independence of the federal judiciary and freedom of the press.
"He has harmed the society of the United States; brought shame and dishonor to the office of president of the United States; sowing discord among the people of the United States by associating the majesty and dignity of the presidency with causes rooted in white supremacy, bigotry, racism, anti-Semitism, white nationalism or neo-Nazism", Green said. "It is premature", Schumer told The Daily Beast in November.
In all, 126 Democrats joined Republicans in voting to table Green's effort in the GOP-led House.
- Pampita amenazó con renunciar si no pagan los sueldos — Crisis en ShowMatch
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Peñarol y Defensor quieren sacar ventaja
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Estaciones de servicio analizan cortar las tarjetas de crédito
- Castigan seis partidos a Édgar Méndez por salivazo — Comisión Disciplinaria
- House conservatives ramp up accusations of bias against Trump in Russia probe
- Poroto Cubero fulminó a su ex ya Facundo Moyano
- Premier League clubs set a new Champions League record
- Trump says he never asked Comey to stop Flynn probe