According to pro-regime Radio Sham FM, this video shows a surface to air missile being launched towards Israeli forces.
The scientific research center in Jamraya was established during the 1980s and is believed to be one of the most important research centers in the country.
Syrian state media said the country's air defenses intercepted at least two Israeli missiles fired at a government "military position" in Damascus province, but that the attack still caused damage.
"The air defense forces were confronted by an Israeli missile attack", Syria's official SANA news agency reported.
According to the report, which was based on a western intelligence source, the Iranian base is some 50 kilometers north of Israel's Golan Heights. Fighting alongside the Syrian army, the Iran-backed Lebanese militia group Hezbollah has been a frequent target of Israel's airstrikes.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has threatened Syrian President Bashar Assad with strikes on Syria if Damascus allows Iran to set up its military bases in the Arab country, The World Street Journal reported Monday citing Israeli officials.
Those satellite pictures suggested that one of the buildings on the base is a mosque.
Yet ISI stressed that the assumption that the site was being used by Iranians was taken from foreign media reports, and that the images alone did not necessarily prove Iranian presence.
The same site was apparently targeted by Israel back in 2013.
Israel, along with Sunni Muslim states in the region, has viewed with mounting concern Iranian expansionism in the Middle East in Iraq, in Syria - with the backing of Russia - and through proxy groups, such as the Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in the Gaza Strip, and the Houthis in Yemen. "The more they push, we have to enforce our red lines ..."
"I will not take your letter nor read it and I have nothing to say to these people", Mr Golpayegani quoted Maj Gen Soleimani as saying.
He assigned blame to the Obama administration without mentioning it by name.
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Cristiano Ronaldo y su GOLAZO contra Borussia Dortmund — Real Madrid
- Hinchas lo ovacionaron tras su golazo en la Copa Dinamarca — Edison Flores
- Con 50.100 hectáreas, Gobierno cumple la meta de erradicación forzosa
- Los clasificados a los octavos de final de la Champions League 2017
- Sampaoli: "Messi es superior a Maradona y Pelé"
- Precio del barril Opep cerró este martes en 61,45 dólares
- Macri suspendió la entrevista con Susana
- Sonia Medina: Esta amenaza de Guzmán no se puede pasar por alto
- Al Jazira, a cuartos del Mundial de Clubes