Earlier this year, we reported that Ford had decided to invest $700 million in its Flat Rock plant in Michigan to build an electric SUV with a 300-mile range. It will be shut down for two weeks to ease growing inventories of both models.
Mark Fields, Ford's CEO at the time, referred to the plans for the Michigan plant as a "vote of confidence" in the Trump administration.
The net effect is hundreds of additional American jobs there, he said. Reuters said Uber made the man sign a nondisclosure agreement, and verified that the data had been erased.
While the UAW is never thrilled with manufacturing in Mexico, automakers, regardless of whether they're based in the U.S., Japan, South Korea, or Germany, are producing more small passenger cars in Mexico or other low-cost countries.
"We have excess capacity at that plant", said Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker.
The exception is General Motors, which is assembling its all-electric Chevrolet Bolt, including self-driving units, at its Orion Township plant in Oakland County and splits production of the Chevrolet Cruze compact between Mexico and Lordstown, Ohio.
That vehicle, will be a gas-electric hybrid model capable of operating 20 hours a day. In preparation for building its first autonomous vehicle, Ford reportedly plans to invest $200 million in the factory, as well as the $700 million it previously announced. But it also entails the risk that the Trump administration could put steep taxes on new cars built in Mexico as it seeks to renegotiate the NAFTA trade deal. The automakers met with Vice President Mike Pence recently to express concerns about moving away from NAFTA.
- Jefferson Farfán está imparable: Marcó un golazo en el Lokomotiv vs. Zlin
- Dugarte: En el Saime no hay falta de material
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Médico de gimnastas sentenciado a 60 años por pornografía
- Messi: Argentina must improve to succeed in Russia
- Partido "verde", no descarta coalición
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Así se robaron a Dorothy, la muñeca sexual más cotizada
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Diego Cocca es el nuevo entrenador de Xolos de México