Led by Democratic Representative Al Green, the impeachment attempt was sidelined through a vote of 364-58, with House Democrats siding with Republicans to defeat the measure.
Democratic Rep. Dan Kildee of Michigan said Democratic lawmakers cannot let themselves be drawn into a process "that's not thoughtful or complete or might not even be the conclusion we ought to draw".
GreenThe Hill's 12:30 Report Dem says he will force House vote on impeachment Wednesday House Dem pledges vote to impeach Trump next week MORE (D-Texas) is seeking to force a House floor vote later Wednesday on impeaching President Trump, setting up a tougher decision for Democrats than Republicans.
According to CNBC, Green said Trump is "unmindful of the high duties of his high office and the dignity and properties thereof". If Pelosi and the House minority leadership want to keep impeachment hopes alive, they need to rein him in.
Al Green (D-Tex.) speaks to media in Houston on May 15, 2017, about his call for the impeachment of President Trump.
Al Green (R-Tex.) came to the House floor at 12:13 p.m. Wednesday to offer articles of impeachment under special House rules requiring a floor vote; he returned to the floor at 1:34 to force that vote. It does detail Trump's dalliances with the far right - including his failure to quickly denounce the white-nationalist marchers in Charlottesville - and his recent tweeting of anti-Muslim videos circulated by a British extremist group, as well as public acts and statements denigrating various groups and individuals. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said last month that impeaching Trump would be a waste of time and energy, according to those who attended her event at Hearst.
- Movilización en Plaza de Mayo
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- Israel responde a disparos de proyectiles desde Gaza, según Ejército
- "Esteche se pone a disposición del magistrado" — Fernando Burlando
- Barca, Atletico with different needs in Tuesday's Champions League ties
- This day in history: Pearl Harbor attacked
- Raúl Castro llega a Antigua y Barbuda para cumbre de Caricom
- Swiss-Palestine Society condemns Trump's decision on Jerusalem
- Zannini, D'Elía, "Yussuf" Khalil y Esteche, al hospital del penal de Ezeiza
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus