Frost, appearing several hours before kickoff of the Alabama-Georgia game, said the CFP needed to expand from four to eight teams so programs like Central Florida - which finished its season undefeated - would have better access to winning the national title.
UCF Athletics Director Danny White also said that "As Orlando's Hometown Team, we're looking forward to celebrating with our community on Monday night". "By having a perfect season and beating the only team that defeated both Alabama and Georgia this season, the UCF Knights are clearly champions". "I like any sport - and I heard [Alabama] coach [Nick] Saban say this - I like any sport where things are decided on the field, it's not subjective, the champion isn't decided by 12 people sitting in a board room".
The celebration will include a pep rally and a ceremony for Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer to give the Knights the key to the city.
In the week following UCF's Peach Bowl victory there has been significant debate about whether the Knights should be considered national champs.
Frost said he returned to Nebraska because he thought the conditions were right for him to do so. "And the winner of that game between the University of Georgia and the University of Alabama will be the national champion".
Eventually, Frost was allowed into the press box as a discussion about expanding the playoff field to eight teams ironically loomed on a television playing ESPN in the background. "Doesn't mean anything to anybody but them".
- Dakar 2018: El terrible vuelco que sufrió Nani Roma en el rally
- 'Gullit' Peña cobrará medio millón a la semana en Cruz Azul
- Vaguada y sistema frontal provocará lluvias este lunes, según Meteorología
- H&M se disculpa por anuncio racista
- Machi Francisca Linconao volvió a Chile en completo hermetismo
- Venezuela cierra 2017 con una inflación de más de 2000%
- Inaugura Peña Nieto Macrolibramiento en Jalisco
- Yuawi, el niño de 'Movimiento Naranja' lanzará disco
- Yangervis Solarte Reportedly Traded to Blue Jays; Padres Receive Edward Olivares
- Pasajero obligó a aterrizaje de emergencia por heces — Vuelo fecal