According to Barcelona's official website, Mina cost €11.8 million (£10.5 million). The long-term aim for the Colombian is to partner Umtiti for years to come, as Gerard Pique nears the twilight of his career.
There will be some Colombian dancing in Barcelona.
Bogota, Jan 11 (Prensa Latina) Catalonia " s Barcelona FC informed today that the Colombian central defender Yerry Mina had been signed with the team for 11.8 million euros, local media reported.
Mina came through the ranks at Deportivo Pasto, before moving on to Santa Fe and then Palmeiras in 2016.
This is Barca's second signing of the January transfer window after the earlier arrival of Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.
If he and Croatia perform well, the report states, then offers are likely to multiply.
Mina will be the first Colombian to play for Barcelona and Faustino Asprilla tweeted a graphic of the signing.
And former Barca star Edmilson thinks he will be a success a the club.
But should the need arise to replace the goalkeeper after all three substitutions are made, Ernesto Valverde could ask Yerry Mina to don the gloves.
Barcelona had an agreement with Palmeiras to bring Mina in the middle of this year for about 9 million euros, but agreed to pay extra and advance the deal because of Umtiti's hamstring injury. That leaves the door open for a summer attempt to lure Brazilian sensation Arthur from Grêmio.
- How to Keep your device secure from Spectre and Meltdown bugs
- Ricky Martin se casa con su pareja Jwan Josef
- Alexander Succar firmó un año y medio por el Sion de Suiza
- Operativo represivo en Liniers: la Policía desmantela puestos de venta ambulante
- Nicolás Maduro con intenciones de venir al Perú en abril
- Not 'personally' ready to return to tournament tennis yet — Serena Williams
- Argentina designa nuevo embajador en Ecuador
- 2018 cobra su primera víctima: termina La Mano Peluda
- Leonardo DiCaprio protagonizará película sobre Charles Manson de Quentin Tarantino
- Matías Britos y Joel Sánchez reforzarán a Querétaro en el Clausura 2018