Michael Edwards, Liverpool's sporting director, will hold discussions with his opposite number Ralf Rangnick about the possibility of bringing forward Keita's arrival.
With Coutinho trading Anfield for Camp Nou, Salah - like many of his teammates past and present - penned a message to the 25-year-old on Instagram which acknowledged their very brief time together.
How will Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp ensure that doesn't happen?
The Reds saw talisman Coutinho complete his proposed move to Barcelona after the Merseysiders accepted the La Liga giants' £146m bid on Saturday evening.
It would be a major surprise if Liverpool did not take them up on the offer.
In the 13 league games since then, Liverpool has won nine and drawn the other four. That's football, that's the business that we are in.
Chamberlain has praised Virgil van Dijk for the impact he's had at Liverpool already and believes that he has lifted the spirits of all at the club.
Of course, the deal is subject to completion of the big move.
Liverpool return to Premier League action on Sunday when they welcome Manchester City to Anfield.
It's an option the Merseyside club explored unsuccessfully before Christmas but the Bundesliga winter break has led to Leipzig re-evaluating their position.
The absence of Coutinho this weekend will only help that quest.
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is ready for business
- Alba: "Jugar con Messi es un lujo"
- Shakira decidió no someterse a la operación que le salvaría su voz
- Carabao Cup: Conte Blames Wastefulness For 0-0 Draw Against Arsenal
- Difunden decapitación de "La Comandante Paty" de los Zetas — México
- Vucetich, opción para Selección de Ecuador — RAYADOS
- Pronóstico del tiempo en México para viernes 12 de enero del 2018
- Freshman QB leads Alabama comeback in national title win
- Jamiroquai, los amo del funk, regresan a territorio azteca
- Jose Mourinho's change of approach in feud with Antonio Conte